Adobe Flash Player Won't install?

I recently "downgraded" to XP and I am trying to get my notebook back to normal. I have tried just about all I can think of to try and get Flash Player to work and I have come to a brick wall. I have tried un installing and reinstalling, tried downloading it and running the file from my computer, I have... show more I recently "downgraded" to XP and I am trying to get my notebook back to normal. I have tried just about all I can think of to try and get Flash Player to work and I have come to a brick wall. I have tried un installing and reinstalling, tried downloading it and running the file from my computer, I have verified all the settings that are supposed to be checked via Adobe's recommendations. I get this error on both IE and Firefox. The installation states it is "successful". Adobe suggested it might have something to do with my registry. I am trying to avoid doing that. If anyone has seen this before, I would be very happy if you could give me some help.

Notebook is HP DV6500 (I will never buy again)
OS XP
Adobe I have installed is v 10
Java is installed
Update: I have turned off my pop-up blocker. The installation works just fine. But when I go to try and watch a video that requires Adobe flash player it does not work. I am stumped on what to do.
1 answer 1