Adobe Flash Player Won't install?

I recently "downgraded" to XP and I am trying to get my notebook back to normal. I have tried just about all I can think of to try and get Flash Player to work and I have come to a brick wall. I have tried un installing and reinstalling, tried downloading it and running the file from my computer, I have verified all the settings that are supposed to be checked via Adobe's recommendations. I get this error on both IE and Firefox. The installation states it is "successful". Adobe suggested it might have something to do with my registry. I am trying to avoid doing that. If anyone has seen this before, I would be very happy if you could give me some help.

Notebook is HP DV6500 (I will never buy again)

OS XP

Adobe I have installed is v 10

Java is installed

I have turned off my pop-up blocker. The installation works just fine. But when I go to try and watch a video that requires Adobe flash player it does not work. I am stumped on what to do.

Favorite Answer

make sure you dont have any popup blockers..

you dont get any warnings that something is trying to run? click here to change settings?