Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Ramadan: Did this happen?

Did a goat actually eat verses of the Quran? Is this story in hadith? Where? If this is true, why would Allah allow such a thing?

If this incident is part of Islamic tradition, then this presents some serious questions about the Orthodox Islamic theological claims regarding textual and sacred inviolabiltiy. So this is a serious question.

“Narrated by Hazrat Ā’ishah that ayat-e-Rajm and ayat Raza’at were revealed, they were written on something. I kept them under the cart, meanwhile the holy prophet died and we became busy and one GOAT came and ATE those ayyat” (Ibn-e-Maja).

All I want to know is, why is there this tradition in hadith? I didn't make this up. Nobody has addressed this yet? Was there or wasn't there a "holy goat"

@Nikko: Yes Nikko, the truth hurts. Is that why you cannot handle criticism of your religion?

Look, I'm not the one who said a goat ate verses of the Quran, Ibn-e-Maya claims that Aishah said it so don't get all upset at me. It is in your literature! Geeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Favorite Answer

Actually, a goat wasn't the only problem. :)

From al-Tabari, p.1523: “The only fault I ever found in ‘Ā’ishah is that, when I was kneading my dough and ordered her to watch it, she fell asleep over it, and the pet sheep (or a goat) came and ate it.”

Narrated Ash-Shaibani: I asked 'Abdullah bin Abi 'Aufa about the Rajam (stoning somebody to death for committing illegal sexual intercourse). He replied, "The Prophet carried out the penalty of Rajam," I asked, "Was that before or after the revelation of Surat-an-Nur?" He replied, "I do not know."

“We used to recite a surah which resembled in length and severity to (Surah) Bara'at. I have, however, forgotten it with the exception of this which I remember out of it: "If there were two valleys full of riches, for the son of Adam, he would long for a third valley and nothing would fill the stomach of the son of Adam but dust". (Sahih Muslim, Vol. 2, p.501).

Bukhari: vol. 6, hadith 510, pp. 478-479; book 61 Narrated Anas bin Malik: Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to Uthman at the time when the people of Sham and the people of Iraq were Waging war to conquer Arminya and Adharbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their (the people of Sham and Iraq) differences in the recitation of the Qur'an, so he said to 'Uthman, "O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Quran) ..." So 'Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, "Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you." Hafsa sent it to 'Uthman. 'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin AzZubair, Said bin Al-As and 'AbdurRahman bin Harith bin Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies. 'Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, "In case you disagree with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Qur'an, then write it in the dialect of Quraish, the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue." They did so, and when they had written many copies, 'Uthman returned the original manuscripts to Hafsa. 'Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt. ..."

Bukhari: vol. 6, hadith 514, p. 482; book 61

Narrated Umar bin Al-Khattab: I heard Hisham bin Hakim reciting Surat Al-Furqan during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle and I listen to his recitation and noticed that he recited in several different ways which Allah's Apostle had not taught me. I was about to jump over him during his prayer, but I controlled my temper and when he had completed his prayer, I put his upper garment around his neck and seized him by it and said, "Who taught you this Surat which I heard you reciting ?" He replied, "Allah's Apostle taught it to me". I said, "You have told a lie, for Allah's Apostle taught it to me in a different way from yours". So I dragged him to Allah's Apostle and said, "I heard this person reciting Surat Al-Furqan in a way which you haven't taught me!". On that Allah's Apostle said, "Release him (Umar) recite, O Hisham!" Then he recited in the same way I heard him reciting. Then Allah's Apostle said, "It was revealed in this way", and added, "Recite, O Umar", I recited it as he had taught me. Allah's Apostle then said, "It was revealed in this way. This Qur'an has been revealed to be recited in seven different ways, so recite of it whichever is easier for you."

► No it did not. Qur'aan has been preserved from the Prophet's time. It has been the same one ever since:

► Allaah has not allowed any verses to be removed or added to the Qur'aan; this has been explained before if you will listen.

http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/introduction_to_...

http://rawkurdi.wordpress.com/2009/01/10/how-do-we...

http://rawkurdi.wordpress.com/2009/01/10/why-did-u...

► View the answers here as well:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Am.9U...

_________________________

Has anyone read my links before giving me a thumbs down? It's easy to say that hadith says this, and that one says that, but put them altogether and I have a refutation in the above^^

Thaan Noon said it all. Qur'an is the same today as it was when it was written, goats did not trifle with it. Your mission of demoralization of this great Deen is a pointless venture and only fuels your own sense of foolish superiority.

Source(s): THE TRUTH HURTS!

If this were true, it wouldn't matter, because the Qur'an was preserved in the living memory of about a hundred of people who learned it from Prophet Muhammad, God bless him and grant him peace.

"Did this happen?"

yes, the following thing definitely happened

check this link :

http://www.naseerahmad.com/2008/06/14/miracle-of-q...

TRUTH HURTS !!!

yea it was really sick afterwards found it indigestable

LOOL @ saj

to answer ur Q- i never heard that b4

-_-

You lose.

Anthony B: It's so nice of you to represent the tolerance and kindness spread by Jesus followers. Christ-like are we?

Source(s): False

loooooooooool

is it a kaffir now?

• i think the ox forgot to eat you