Is homosexuality a sin on the same order as, say, pushing the button which launches a nuke into a major city?

Some religious authorities claim that the act of engaging in sexual pleasure with one of the same gender is sin. This implies that the souls engaged in this pleasuring are condemned to eternal hell.

A crazy leader like Kim Jong Il of North Korea might also find himself in hell if he decided to launch a nuclear missile into Seoul or some other city, vaporizing millions of people in the process.

According to some forms of religion, are homosexuality, and the incineration of perhaps several million human lives, equated in terms of punishment for the pushes the love button or the missile launch button, as the case may be?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

sin is sin and no one greater then the other but only one is unforgivable...blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

with that being said, a lie is a great of a sin as murder is in God's eyes.

so, homosexuality and the murder of millions...sinful acts, can be forgiven, and on the same level in His eyes

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Not all sin is equal. James 5 talks about sin that kills the soul, and sin that does not.

I am not God, so I can't judge the soul of a homosexual, but in my opinion, homosexual acts are as serious as a person who cheats on their spouse. A heterosexual sin is just as bad as a homosexual sin. But the main point of your question is whether or not all sin is the same. They are not.

see 1 John 5:16-17; Luke 12:47-48

Protestants who believe that all sin is the same are following the opinions of Luther and Calvin, which is inconsistent with authoritive historical Christianity.

• 3 years ago

Homosexuality and bi-sexuality are are only 2 comparable sorts of fornication, additionally akin to adultery. they're all sins of the flesh and that they are an abomination to God. it is not suitable what you desire to call it or what be conscious dancing you desire to do around it. i'm hoping you already know that that won't the only verse in the Bible that warns of the hazards of homosexuality. Leviticus 18:22, and a million Corinthians - 6-19 additionally communicate of this sin. via the way, you could mock Christians in case you decide on, it truly is your decision. although, I worry no guy for any reason; yet I do worry for the souls of many for many motives, their mocking being one.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

since homosexuality is not a sin and nobody has pushed a button to vaporize millions of people, what is your point ?

Kim Jong Il is an Atheist...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

homosexuality falls under the same category as fornication, prostitution and other forms of sensuality. Combined, these sins fall under the category of adultery which is one of the 10 commandments, among which also includes the act of murder. in conclusion, all of these sins will keep a man/woman from entering heaven.

• 1 decade ago

The answer is no. The issues of homosexuality isn't even one of the "big 10." As is giving false witness against another. Which so many are fond of doing here.

So clearly murder or telling lies about another are far more sinful than homosexuality.

• 1 decade ago

I feel horribly sad for people that see the world as that evil. It must be a terribly scary place to live thinking God will allow you to burn for love as if you killed someone.

• 1 decade ago

Sin is based on a pass/fail grading system, in your example both parties have failed the sin test.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sins are not "ranked", all sin leads to hell if one does not repent.

• Bill C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Thankfully, not all Christians consider homosexuality a sin. (And those who can read Hebrew and Greek certainly do not.)

But most people would agree nuking a city is a sin... if not against God (if they don't believe in a God), then against the people of that city, and against humanity as a whole.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.