promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Sharon Shoesmith Lodges Tribunal Claim?

The former children's services chief who lost her job over the Baby P tragedy has lodged an employment tribunal claim against Haringey Council.

Sharon Shoesmith was dismissed without compensation from her £110,000 position in December after a damning report into her department's failings.

Seventeen-month-old Baby P died after suffering more than 50 injuries despite being under council supervision.

The inspectors identified a string of "serious concerns" about Haringey's child protection services, which they described as "inadequate".

Ms Shoesmith lost an internal appeal against her dismissal in January.

She lodged a claim against the local authority with the Watford employment tribunal on Friday.

Employment law experts say Ms Shoesmith could receive a payout of up to £173,000 if she can prove that the council was wrong to sack her.....

What are your views on Ms Shoesmiths latest claim?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Baby-P-Sh...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I really do not get her thinking, as she was dismissed for failing, pure and simple!

The Woman has no dignity.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The root of the problem is the employment of foreign doctors, there I have said what most are thinking. Ms Shoesmith may be incompetent but she cannot have had the time to watch every case, the doctors and social workers are to blame

This question should be in Immigration not News and Events. Perhaps Dr Jerome Ikwueke, Baby P's general practitioner would agree. Or Dr Sabah al-Zayyat, the consultant paediatrician who failed to spot Baby P's broken back just before his death.

Having said that I would condemn Ms Shoesmith for employing these two "doctors"; however, I feel in today's politically correct UK she would have been in trouble had she refused.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Sabah al-Zayyat,<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>Dr Jerome Ikwueke<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• mommyz
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I hope she doesnt win a penny. She is heartless and didnt even show any remorse for baby ps death, she didnt even apologise. All she was worried about was her job and salary. Shows how arrogant and selfish she is. If she had done her job properly and investigated the case properly (not sending people to visit him 60 times) then he would be here today. Rest in peace baby p and hope you rot in hell Shoesmith

Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Hi Zoe!She is revolting!What I want to know 'is she doing this because she genuinely believes she was dismissed unfairly or because she is a money grabbing greedy soul-less woman who cannot see the irony of 'blood money'.I hope her appeals fails and she is locked up for aiding and abetting in the murder of a child.Great timing on her part BTW considering the three monsters who beat that little boy to death are due for sentencing this month.If she thinks so highly of the mother then sling her in with her!

Source(s): Sorry to rant but she sickens my heart!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If most people in the UK failed to do their job properly they would be sacked. End of.

She didn't do the job she was employed to do and whilst I am sick of the medias witch hunt against social workers, in this case someone needs to be held responsible and she is that person.

I hope she loses, she has NO public sympathy and has, in my view, a bloody cheek to challenge the decision.

• 1 decade ago

Michael makes a good point- is there a degree of complicity here? After all, War Crimes Trials do not prosecute the person who physically did the killing, only the person who was in a position to stop it.

• 1 decade ago

the other side to it is that she is prepared for the facts to be aired in public, how do we know she isn't a scapegoat? Although there was evidence that she herself scapegoated juniors after the first child death during her tenure.

I'll wait and see on this one, don't forget she didn't do the killing though.

• 1 decade ago

I hope she is paying her own legal bills and I hope she loses.

The way she was treated by sections of the press and some members of the public was terrible but she was in charge and the buck stops with her.

• 1 decade ago

in the current climate of rewarding people who fail at the job they are being paid to do , she will probably win and get extra for 'hurt feelings'

lets just wait and see

x

• She should consider herself lucky to be alive ...... unlike that poor child.

If I had my way, she and quite a few others would stand trial for being complicit in the baby's death!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.