Why are the FA cup semi finals being played at Wembley?

Its totally pointless the whole aim of the competition is to go to Wembley on a special day out and win the FA cup...not go to Wembley and play a team win...then go again!

I know it may be a nice day out for the Everton fans but they dont actually deserve to be there...same for all the other teams..EVEN Arsenal(if they beat Hull) dont actually deserve to play there at the moment...I personally feel the magic day(the final) has been taken away because teams are playing to get to Wembley not win the FA cup now...you think if Coventry beat Chelsea they wouldnt have felt their season was complete because they played at Wembley...

They should go vback to the method which they used during the construction of Wembley...playing games at Villa Park and Old Trafford and leave Wembley for the true winners...

OQ: Every team left in the FA has a strong desire to win it...Everton, Hull, Arsenal and Chelsea havent won enough recently and Man Utd want to win it all...so who wants it the most?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree with you totally pointless to play the semi finals at Wembley

OQ: Arsenal, that's why we'll win it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • forson
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

to have a semi at wembley takes away the specialness(is that a actual be conscious?) of a cup very final visual appeal at wembley its in simple terms yet in a different way for the FA to make a quickly dollar promoting tickets for 80£ that at a floor someplace else the comparable view would be forty£ max they might argue which you will get extra followers in at wembley yet they nevertheless placed a cap on the quantities that are obtainable for the followers the classic venues previous trafford,villa park ,hillsborough, have been used via fact of ease of vacationing to the floor so sure possibly st james` is a super stadium with extra useful centers and extra seats and so on yet while you may actually get to manchester,birmingham and south yorkshire by utilising coach street and trains the only way of attending to newcasle in convenience and ease is flying yet, vacationing to and fairly from wembley is as massive a nightmare roads are allways jammed,you may never get out of the carpark the metropolitan line is a comedian tale and the jubilee line is a nightmare in case you get extra advantageous than 60 human beings on the platform they close the doors the pitch at wembley seems poor gamers have been slipping everywhere on the weekend from what i observed , they're utilising wembley for a rugby interest this saturday so what the pitch is going to look as though after it incredibly is anyones guess however the FA have spent alot of money on the reworking of the national stadium so they might desire to maximize using it to enhance capital so wembley starts to pay for itself

• 1 decade ago

The FA needs them there to help pay for the cost of the stadium!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/79...

It's an especially stupid idea when you have both Utd and Everton fans having to haul *** half way cross the country (except the local utd fans! - get that dig in before anyone else does), when there's perfectly decent grounds much closer (City of Manchester stadium, Villa Park, etc).

• 1 decade ago

Simply because that's the way the FA want it. The views and interests of the fans are totally inconsequential to them. Fans are no longer regarded as fans by these people.....fans are marketable consumers nowadays, Unfortunately, most are too stupid to realise it.

OQ: Can't really say who wants it the most, only hope the final lives up to the hype and it's an entertaining game for the neutral.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yeah I get you, now "going it to Wembley" means more like making it to the semis, I wish the Millennium was used for the SFs & Wembley for the final.

OQ : Arsenal because its the only chance of silverware.

• 1 decade ago

So that the FA can get back some of the money they laid out on rebuilding Wembley. At the moment they are taking huge losses on it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

One answer ££££££££££

OQ hard to say, I think Arsenal will though.

• It's now fair to make sure that the semi-finals are balanced. Instead of two legs home and away or a random drawing of home or away, now they play at a neutral ground so that it's fair.

• 1 decade ago

i agree with you.

OQ- Arsenal is going to win it haha

• Vid15
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

That and the fact that the pitch is shite.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.