Anonymous

Why won't my boss accept "because I was too drunk to drive" as a valid excuse for missing a 9AM dept. meeting?

Sheesh, would he have preferred that I had driven in an inebriated state at that ungodly hour and endangered innocent lives just so I could be present at his precious meeting?

Good advice, Gemini. I may just do that.

Doctor Deth [sic]: Yeah, but this moron earns 6 figures, so put that in your pipe and smoke it, buddy.

Favorite Answer

What an inconsiderate bastard! If he really needed you there, he should have arranged for a car to pick you up. This is bordering on abuse and you should probably consult with a lawyer who specializes in labor law. Good Luck!

• ok

he was obviously more annoyed at you for drinking before going to work

rather than being at the meeting.

No offense but it was rather stupid to drink before going toa meeting you obviously knew about.

But yes i do think it was a little unfair to get angry when he earns a 6 figure wage.

You are maybe quite rude to the people giving you advice and there opinions. but next just don't drink and you won't get your boss annoyed or be a risk of getting fired.

anyway hope i helped!!!!!!!!

I once had the same problem, only my meeting was at noon. I then began to sleep with/drink with my sexy female boss, so now we both show up late, and can't get into trouble. Although right now it will take a lot of work to get on your boss' good side, try asking them out for a beer tonight to make up for your tardiness.

Hey probably was mad that you didn't take him out drinking this morning before the meeting. It's always polite to have your boss buy you a few dozen drinks and have you drive to work before meetings.

Tell him you were drinking with several fat ugly chicks that could have passed for dudes and maybe he will feel sorry for you and accept your excuse.

being a idiot and drinking the night before you have to get up early for a meeting is stupidity on your part. don't be a dumb ***. you need to learn to take on responsibility like a grown man. your boss didn't start earning six figures a year by getting drunk and missing meetings. he should fire you.

Let me give you a little practical business advice:

Cabs were practically invented to puke in and an expense account that you only use to buy liquor and not to 'tidy up' afterward is half wasted.

No, he would have preferred that you would have been mature enough to not get so drunk that your were incapable of driving to work.

You need to get it into your head that a job entails reporting to work in a condition that does not inhibit your abilities to do your job.

You'll be lucky if you don't get fired. I've worked a lot of places where exactly what you describe would immediately result in termination.

It was an important meeting.

• Norma

He should fire you immediately. Your drinking problem is unacceptable. You are a risk to the Company's success.

• rml313

he would prefer you didn't drink before the meeting