Is the Bible relevant for today?

Proverbs 22:7 states that "The borrower is slave to the lender." It seems to me that this "goat herders" advise would have kept the world's economy out of the credit crunch it's in today.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Considering the Bible warns about fornication, sex outside a marriage, and adultery. It is giving good advice considering all the sexually transmittable diseases out there that people would be protected against if they obeyed those words. The Bible also warns about materialism, if we didn't desire to own every new thing that came along we'd have more money in the bank for bad times. if everybody took to heart God's words on loving your neighbor as yourself we wouldn't have wars now, would we? See! that thumbs down just proves that people don't want sound advice but just want to do as they please, even if it hurts someone else.

• libbie
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

the clever expertise interior the Bible reward human beings of all backgrounds. long in the previous the invention of microorganisms and their function in spreading ailment, the Bible recommended hygienic practices that are nonetheless suitable immediately. (Leviticus 11:32-40; Deuteronomy 23:12, 13) kin who be conscious the Bible’s suggestion approximately a thank you to handle one yet another are happier. (Ephesians 5:28–6:4) someone who lives via Bible concepts might grow to be a extra conscientious worker or a extra functional corporation. (Ephesians 4:28; 6:5-9) employing Bible concepts is functional for emotional wellness besides. (Proverbs 14:30; Ephesians 4:31, 32; Colossians 3:8-10) Such functional suggestion is what we would assume from our writer. what's the advantages? The expertise discovered in the Bible could make even an green person clever. (Psalm 19:7) besides, as quickly as we earnings self assurance in the Bible, it could help us as no different e book can in taking the subsequent step in the direction of having extra advantageous faith.

• Ray W
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes the Bible is relevant for today. God never changes but how He deals with men does. Today we are living in the age of grace where God is dealing with everybody alike through what the Lord Jesus Christ did on the cross for all that would believe and trust in Him. The problem with people today, they don't study or believe God's Word. Think about this, If people would have believe God's Word they would have know that the world was not flat but instead it took them a long time to know that. Isaiah 40: 22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in: Also, if you read the Book of I Corinthians, you will find that people act the same way today. They are babes just like they were then. 1 Corinthians 3: 1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

Source(s): www,itchyear.org
  • 1 decade ago

I'll answer that with a real time story. We have never had much reason to borrow money in our lives. We paid as we went along. We paid our house in half the time it was due, since we both had 4 jobs most of our early lives. So I have to say that Proverbs is relevant in my life since we chose not to allow ourselves to be dependent on borrowing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It also has, pay a portion of someones debt and you will end up paying all of it. I found that in Proverbs but I dint know where.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you look close enough, the Bible contains the principles of life, even in the economic sphere, and if you look even closer at every human suffering, you will see the principles of life being violated.

• 1 decade ago

Yes it is. The Bible is relevant for all time, and those who disagree will only do so until they either need help or face death.

• 1 decade ago

The Bible is relevant for all time.

Read revelation, you might just see some of todays goings on talked about in there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no!!! dont be silly what era do you think we live in? the only rules that seem worth a damn from that book are dont kill and dont commit adultery, i mean you shouldnt kill people or have sex with other people when you are married, though sex before marriage being a completely different thing is okay.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bible=Bullshit

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.