Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

What is wrong with this State Dept. and White House?

Hillary was is in Russia over the weekend, she gave a present to the Russian Prime Minister she called a "reset button." It was a button in a placard that allegedly when push would reset Russian and American relations to nice and friendly times (a big Koombiya).

Problem: When the words "Reset" where translated into Russian, its actually said; "Overcharge."

This comes on the heels of PM Brown visiting and giving Obama a Beautiful pen holder hand carved from wood taken from a slave ship, and other valuable and historic artifacts- Obama gives hims 25 DVDs from the White house gift shop. Classy!!

What is wrong with this State dept. and White House?!

Update:

Dr. Condoleza Rice (PhD) is fluent in Russian and would have picked up on it.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I think you answered your own question. Obama and Hillary are in charge.

• Alan S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, A faux pas on our part but it was received with levity by the Russians. BTW: did you see the difference in the spelling of each word in Russian? They are extremely similar but we should have checked and confirmed.

ADDED: I'm sure FOX had loads to say on this but after they tried to chastise Biden for a momentary memory lapse and called it an "embarassment" under his picture, I am just amused. I'm certain they are rolling in this error of mis-spelling a foreign word when they can't even get English correct.

• 1 decade ago

The diplomatically challenged duo called Clinton and Obama.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.