Who's supportive of Obama allowing federal funds to support stem cell research? To those morally opposed...?

to this, will you back that up by not allowing you or your family to benefit from the medical advances that this research will allow?

He lifts the Bush ban tomorrow!!!

• Troy
    Favorite Answer

I am in total support of this. I have a permanent disability that won't be cured with stem cell research but I know that many diseases that result on disability can be studied and treated with this, like Parkinson's and Multiple Sclerosis. No one should have to loose their bodies if it can be helped.It will be nice to live in a country where intelligence and science are relevant. I would expect those religious people who don't want to allow this research to avoid medical care for them and their relatives but they won't because there's no end to the hypocrisy.

I am and it is about time, this will help the countless number of people that are currently suffering from incurable diseases,spinal injuries lost limbs and other illnesses and Ailments . :) http://www.righthealth.com/Health/Stem%20Cells%20R...

I do not think that those opposed to this research should be able to dictate whether or not their loved ones can benefit from said advances in the future, thinking of the children, the feeble and the weak, it should not be considered any different than a person failing to or withholding the administration of a necessary life saving drug such as insulin to a diabetic. In my opinion it should be labelled and made into criminal offence not to do so.

((((Laptop))))

Source(s): Forgive me if the English language is not my first choice at this wee hour of the mornin. Lol

I'm delighted. I think stem cell research has the largest potential for real break-throughs in dozens of important areas, and the idea that it is better to throw away unwanted embryos rather than use them is hypocritical in the extreme.

He lifts the ban today! Artemis, if you'd stuck to the question and not put in your neocon views over other issues, I would not have given you a thumbs-down. But you wanted to wedge in your all-or-nothing fundie position and I cannot allow that to pass.

We're eight years behind other nations. Let's get to work.

Who here hopes stem cell research can find the cure for fundamentalist religionists?

Just you wait, give it two years before the first major medical breakthrough... And in two years all the people who opposed the research will be praising God because God allowed the scientists to find a breakthrough.

I'm excited for this, and I reaaaally doubt more than a handful of people would actually refuse to benefit from medical advances gained by stem-cell research.

@Artemis, shut your trap, seriously. Crawl over to the Politics section if you feel like incoherently babbling on, because you clearly don't know anything about stem cell research.

• Ray G

I can't wait to see what the research comes up with. We could very soon enter a whole new era of health breakthroughs. I am a pro-life Christian, by the way, just to burst a few stereotypes.

So far, all medical treatments based on stem cells have been based on adult reverted cells.

So I don't have much to worry about.

Further, a number of researchers are working on ways to harvest embryonic stem cells without harming the child. When they perfect it, all moral objection to embryonic stem cell research will cease.

Careful about painting with too big a brush there Laptop.

Every moral person is supportive of removing that immoral ban.

Fully support.