Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How can my girlfriend get birth control without asking her parents?

My girlfriend wants to go on the pill, and is considering asking her mom to get it for her but she's nervous, something that I understand. Is there anyway she can get the pill without asking her parents?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If she 'feels' she can go to her mother, then that may mean that she and her mother Normally have a good communication history. This is important, and great, if she does. Then, by all means, she should talk to her mother.

IF not, then follow the suggestions of the others to go directly to her doctor, or planned parenthood. However, if she goes directly to her doctor, then the parents may find out anyway - who is going to pay the bill - he may send the billing directly to the home, as with any other bill.

If she wants to keep it secret, then go to Planned Parenthood.

However, direct communication with the parents - mother (she will most likely discuss with the father after wards, but maybe not).

If her mother is a sharp, common sense type person, she is going to Realize that once a daughter, or son, becomes sexually active - telling them No, you can not do that, is ridiculous!

She will not want her daughter to get PG, and the only sensible thing is to arrange a doctors appointment, give her permission to the doctor to prescribe birth control pills and move forward.

AND, you Both are Super responsible to want and to follow thru with getting a reliable birth control. It will protect you both from screwing (no pun intended) up your lives with a child early in your lives.

Having said all the above - let me state this. My wife and I raised Two daughters. We always made it Clear, that we did not encourage early sexual activity, but neither were we dumb. And that No one in the family wanted either of them becoming PG, because if they did, then raising the child would be Their Responsibility. And that we would continue to provide the necessities of life until they graduated high school, after that - we expected them to be adults and be fully responsible for providing for the child and raising it.

But at the same time we told them the above, we also told them that we 'wanted' them to come to us, their mother in particular - at first, and Tell us that they were planning to become sexually active, and ask for our help in getting them to a doctor and getting proper birth control so that all of the negative repercussions of being sexually active did NOT occur.

Guess what - shortly after our oldest daughter turned 16, she did come to her mother and told her - it is time. Can we make an appointment to go get birth control pills, etc.

Granted my daughter, like your gf, was nervous, but when she came to her mother and they discussed everything - there was NO yelling, NO arguments, No saying you can not do that, although we did Not like the boyfriend that she had at the time. We were all realistic, common sense, and protective. Three days later, she had her doctors appointment, her mother went with her, and she got the pills.

That's the Way smart parents and families handle it. Not all parents are smart and logical, and realistic. But that is life, and proper communication and 'protection' is the way to go!!!

I Hope your gf can do the same with her mother, otherwise go to planned parenthood. Be Safe - you two are smarter that the average bear - teenagers!!!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

RE:

How can my girlfriend get birth control without asking her parents?

My girlfriend wants to go on the pill, and is considering asking her mom to get it for her but she's nervous, something that I understand. Is there anyway she can get the pill without asking her parents?

Source(s): girlfriend birth control parents: https://trimurl.im/d59/how-can-my-girlfriend-get-b...
  • 4 years ago

Here are tips on How to Get A Girlfriend https://bitly.im/aOgSL Whether in high school, college, or out of college, when you know what to say and how to say it and how to act to make girls interested in dating you, life becomes a lot easier. It's not even about your looks either. I've seen attractive guys have a hard time getting a girl while an average guy gets a bunch of girls. You just got to know the tricks. Have fun.

Best way to eat out a girl https://bitly.im/aOgSL

• 4 years ago

If you want a step-by-step method to approach, attract, seduce, and get girls back with you then you definitely require that guide, https://tr.im/oYBJj The Tao of Badass.

With the Tao of Badass guide you'll learn the exciting science behind man and female sexuality jobs, and how vital it's to accept your manhood and with this particular will help you to highlight the importance of satisfying your man gender role since if that you don't, you risk slipping into the ‘good guy'category, or worse, being friend-zoned.

With the Tao of Badass you will also learn how to strategy anxiety – the crippling anxiety stopping most people from meeting your ex of the dreams. You will learn some very nice techniques to re-wire your deep-rooted emotional conduct and clear your self of approach panic once and for all.

The Tao of Badass is a fascinate and helpful guide.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The only reason she would be nervous about asking is if she is going to be having sex and that is the reason she wants to go on the pill.

If she is wanting to use it for her period then she shouldn't be nervous.

All she has to do is explain to her parents why she wants bc.

If not I guess there is always the doctor or planned parenthood.

• 1 decade ago

i dont know where you live but where i do....

14 years and older dont need the permission of the parents...(if im right)and depending on the age of your girlfriend too:)

talk to you local clinic for more info about it....

or maybe even a teen line...they would tell you straight up!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah all she has to do is walk in to Plan Parenthood. She can get it for free, and they dont tell you parents

• 1 decade ago

DONT OVER PAY FOR BIRTHCONTOL PILLS. birth control pills are just sugar pills but people set their minds to believe they wont get pregnant so they do not get pregnant. Just give your girlfriend am M&M or a skittle and tell her its a birthcontrol pill. It will work just the same because she will believe she wont get pregnant.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the pills is supposed to be good for your skin. so you can have your girlfreind put grease or oil all over her face which will cause her to break out in pimples then she can ask her mom to go on the pill so her skin will get better. simple as that. your very welcome

• 1 decade ago

planned parenthood

but itd be better to have her mom involved and she'd feel more comfortable about it all in the long run.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.