Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

What did the dred scott decision....... cause and effect tell me in 2 Paragraphs..plz!?

plz tell me two pargraphs about the cause and effect about the dred scott decision and i will give you as much points as u want!!!

Best Answer

At that time there were nearly 4 million slaves in America. The court's ruling affected the status of every enslaved and free African-American in the United States. The ruling served to turn back the clock concerning the rights of African-Americans, ignoring the fact that black men in five of the original States had been full voting citizens dating back to the Declaration of Independence in 1776.

The Supreme Court also ruled that Congress could not stop slavery in the newly emerging territories and declared the Missouri Compromise of 1820 to be unconstitutional. The Missouri Compromise prohibited slavery north of the parallel 36°30´ in the Louisiana Purchase. The Court declared it violated the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution which prohibits Congress from depriving persons of their property without due process of law.

Now you know you only have access to 10 total.

This won't do all your homework for you. I am trying to remember the Dred Scott decision.

I believe he was a slave who was taken from a slave state in the south and taken to the north where it was not a slave state. He escaped and took advantage of the law in claiming that he was free as he was taken to a free state and so he should be a free man. I agree. however, the court didn't and he was made a slave again. So it held someone who was a slave as a slave even if they escaped into the north (which they were able to go get them before) but also those whom the slave owners took into the north where it was not a slave state and yet it kept them a slave.

Eventual result was the Civil War. Did you know that the Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in the states that rebelled? Others were still slaves. It was only after the war was well underway and past the Emancipation Proclamation that all the slaves were freed. That may have been to get slaves to fight for the North, too. And back then, the wealthy could pay the poor to fight for them.

History has not always been right or fair. Now I haven't given you enough information to do your homework without looking it up, but I've given you some indication of what you might need to look for. And I could be totally wrong. Makes me curious and to want to look up the answer. Might find it on the internet. Might be able to call the local library at the Reference desk to ask if she can find a book on the Dred Scott decision and then go to library and check it out if you can't find enough in your textbook.

Lots of luck. You know, sometimes research is the education that a teacher wishes you to ain when a question like this is asked. Good luck on finding your own best answer and writing it.

• Eva

WEll condensed, the Dred Scott Decision was when the Supreme Court ruled that the government had no authority to say where slavery could or could not exist. The effect is that the northerners were angry and the souttherners regoiced. This is a really easy topic to write on, you might just wanna look it up on wikipedia. :)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): dred scott decision effect 2 paragraphs plz: https://tr.im/vJh9L

Technically you can't [give as many points as someone wants].

Because the max amount of points for Best Answer is ten points.

Besides.

You need to do your own homework.

Google the Dred Scott case decision and figure it out.

First u don't need 2 paragraphs. He escaped his owner and got to the north. This was after the fugitive slave law. He was sent back to the south to be a slave again but he though it was unfair. He went to the supreme court and lost the case because the judge said slaves connot have a trial because they weren't concidered full people.

isn't it kinda late to have other people do your homework? and you can only give someone 10 points for a "best answer."

i just googled it and the answer is exactly two paragraphs. go off that.

Stop being a cheat. Read it up you idiot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dred_Scott_v._Sandfor...