Dave asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 1 decade ago

Fa Cup Semi Finals Played At Wembley?

Thoughts? surely this defeats the whole purpose of the special day out once your at the final?

United We stand you plonker I agree it should be a at a neutral venue just not Wembley

Favorite Answer

I suppose they are only thinking of the fans - the chelsea , arsenal and man utd fans wont have that far to travel will they

Just the FA try to rake in some extra income to cover the costs they incurred making the hugely over budget stadium.

Really does feel like a cash grab

LMFAO at the first response thats brilliant but so subtly done.

back to the question I agree I think it should just be the final and the semis should be played somewhere else neutral like St.James's park or Villa park.

This is just another way for the f.a. to rip off the fans to pay for wembley.The fans should show their disgust by boycotting especially now in the current financial climate but the boys on the gravy train don,t give a damn about the supporters if they did they would reduce the price for those who have to travel a long way. but they will put the price up to show their contempt.

Yeah I get you, now "going it to Wembley" means more like making it to the semis, I wish the Millennium was used for the SFs & Wembley for the final. OQ : Arsenal because its the only chance of silverware.

yes they should be played at nuetral grounds , the final should be at Wembley

Agree with first answer Its a longer journey for the Everton fans lmao

FA to make money, shud be at neutral, makes getting to the final not as good

It does defeat the whole purpose. Its another tradition lost so that the FA can make more money.

the fa need to cover the costs of wembley bein built

To be fair they could have played them at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff.....?

Used to be played at Hillsborough and Villa or Old Trafford - safety concerns knocked that on the head.

• No, it's mainly because instead of playing home or away and letting the home side win nearly all the time, it's better to play at a Neutral ground to make it fair.