If I didn't make any money or work last year, do I still have to file taxes?

I was in school for most of the year FT (didn't work), but got student loans. I graduated in August and was unemployed for 4 months looking for work. I finally got a job and started December 22nd, however my staffing agency said that since we started so late, we won't be getting a W2 for '08. So my... show more I was in school for most of the year FT (didn't work), but got student loans. I graduated in August and was unemployed for 4 months looking for work. I finally got a job and started December 22nd, however my staffing agency said that since we started so late, we won't be getting a W2 for '08. So my question is, do I still need to file even though I made $0 dollars? I didn't get a W2. Also, if I -do- need to file, how do I file/what do I file? Thanks for your information/help.
Update: What if someone down the road asks for 2008 tax forms, and I don't have any? Do I just say I didn't have any income in 2008, or do I need some sort of paper saying I filed 0$, or at least didn't have taxes from the gov't?