Can I use my debit card to purchase items on web site orders insread of a credit card?

I only have a debit card which has the visa logo inprinted on my debit card it looks like a hologram sticker. I want to buy some stuff online but when I go to sites like wall mart, best buy, or cricket store when I get ready to pay for the item it has only payment methods for paypal,checks/money orders and credit... show more I only have a debit card which has the visa logo inprinted on my debit card it looks like a hologram sticker. I want to buy some stuff online but when I go to sites like wall mart, best buy, or cricket store when I get ready to pay for the item it has only payment methods for paypal,checks/money orders and credit card either for visa,mastercard,discovery or american express. Can I go to the credit card payment method and use my debit card that my bank issued me to buy stuff with it online. I just don't want to do it and get ripped off. please explain