promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

would it be okay to wear a black cape on my wedding day?

im getting maried in the snow and have a black and white theme for my wedding. it is black tie. the bridsmaids are in black and i have a white dress. my grandmother has this beautiful silk cape wth a hood that she wore on her wedding day and i would really love to wear it, the only problem is its blue. i would like to die it black to go with the theme but i dont know if it would look too morbid?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, leave it blue. It goes with the old saw, "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue..."

Besides, if everything were monochromatic, how would anyone pick you out of the background? It's your day, after all.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I think it would look awesome, as long as it's black of course... unless somehow it is a dark blue and would match.

If you were able to try it on with your dress, maybe you could get a better picture of how it will look, then go from there.

I personally would love it and would love to see pictures of a largely black themed wedding.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not in black, just leave the blue color... Wedding day is so important and not to make such uncomfortable and surprise thing for your friend and relatives... after several years, when they talked about your wedding, only the black tie left... just wear matched tie, white dress, white pearls... so holly !

Source(s): Shop bride's necklaces & bracelets, http://www.pearlhours.com
  • 4 years ago

Of course it is if it is your choice. White for weddings is a recent tradition it used to be way way in the far past white for funerals and black for weddings.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

depends on te shade of blue. i think a turquoise/pale robins egg colour blue would be pretty, or a dark blue. but it depends on your coloring. then again, if you love it enough, no matter what, you will have the confidence to pull it off. so whatever you think is right, but if your second guessing yourself, then leave it blue. you know the saying.

• 1 decade ago

The blue sounds kind of pretty actually! Remember you need something borrowed and something blue

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's your day, have a coffin made out of cake too.

• 1 decade ago

where whatever you want. why should there be a standard? or limitations

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you should wear it if you really like it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think it sounds nice how it is . you should leave it as is

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.