Why does my heart beat so fast?

For the past 7 hours my heart has been beating like crazy. I can't take it anymore, it feels like it's going to burst. I can't even breathe that well. My palms are sweaty. What's going on?

Favorite Answer

Don't listen to anyone else - they don't really know what there talking about.

You very well could have supraventricular tachycardia, a for-the-most-part benign condition where the heart beats very fast, and you start breathing fast. You need to go to a hospital or doctor to get medication, or possibly be cardioverted eletrically. Don't worry it's nothing to serious, google Supraventricular Tachycardia or SVT - im almost positive thats ur diagnosis!!!!

• J B

You don't say what you actual heart rate is. You need to take your pulse and count it for one minute. If it is over 130 consistently every time you take it, you might consider going to an ER to see if you are having a rhythm disturbance of some sort. Excessive caffeine intake, drugs, plus several other causes can also make your heart beat excessively fast but usually is not continuous for 7 hours. Count your heart rate - that will help you decide whether you need to seek medical attention or not.

Source(s): Health care provider

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why does my heart beat so fast?

Source(s): heart beat fast: https://tr.im/c2Lc5
  • JP

Try a valsalva manuver-- hold your breath, and bear down like you're having a bowel movement. Could be a panic attack, but let's rule out the physical. How is your general health? Any meds? Any health issues you've been ignoring lately? Go to a Dr -- don't know your age, history, etc.

it sounds like an anxiety attack to me. try to relax. you can even take some benedryl and that also helps sometimes cause the drowsy side effect calms you down and your heart won't be palpitating like that any more. if you keep this up then you'll end up hyperventalating which is what sounds like is going on with your breathing already... you could even pass out! you should make a drs app and let your dr know whats going on. good luck and take it easy!

Source(s): anxiety attacks for 3 years...........

well ur probably having some kinda anxiety attack.. usually if ur paranoid u'll sweat and ur heart willl beat fast.. unless u drank some kind of energy drink that can be another reason why its beating fast. have u taken any drugs? if ur feeling worried go see a doctor..

Seeing the most Beautiful guy on the planet in school makes my heart beat like an 808 drum.

Maybe you are having a really long panic attack? I don't know, but that's kind of scary. If it doesn't go away in a while you should probably call a doctor.

Go to the hospital now because this isn't good. I've had it before and it was SVT and they have to slow your heart down immediately. Just go to the hospital or even call 911

It could be a anxiety or panic attack see if it goes away..if not I would pay a visit to the doctor they can prescribe something to help if that's what it is!!