Where/what is "removable disc (G)"?

My computer keeps telling me to insert a disc into drive G when I try to play a computer game, even though I put the computer game disc into drive D and it recognizes the game is there. Still, it tells me to insert something into drive G, which I've never heard of/dealt with before!! What should I do? And WHAT IS removable disc G? Also, I am not extremely fluent in crazy computer language, so keep it stupidly simple please!

Favorite Answer

Evr use a USB memory stick? It not removed correctly it can confuse the computer.

It is a removable storage drive like a Flash Drive or an External Hard Drive. But it shouldn't be asking for it. If you have to disc drives, try putting the CD into the other drive. Or try reinstalling the game.

What they told you is right.

Removable Disc (G:) usually shows up when you insert a flash drive/USB.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awnob

Removable disk would be either a card reader or a flash drive.

it sounds as simple as being the startup directory (what the game sees to start up the game) being shown as the wrong place

easiest fix

uninstall game and reinstall game and look at the locations of where the game is being installed

hope this helps

You might have a USB or a hard drive plugged into your computer.

Maybe your CD showed as drive G: when you installed the program.