So Are We Getting A 2009 Stimulus Check?

I think I read somewhere that a new stimulus bill for this year has been passed, but I can't find much information on it. Is this for individual tax-payers to get a check, or just more money for the corporations and banks to blow? If we do get a check, how and when do we get it, and how much will it be? Any information I find is either outdated from BEFORE it was supposedly passed, or pertains to the previous 2008 stimulus.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There will be no new stimulus check for working taxpayers in 2009. For approximately 95% of America’s working families, their refundable tax credit of up to $400 for working individuals and up to $800 for working couples will be paid through a reduction of income tax withholdings (in other words, an increased paycheck). The reduced withholding is scheduled to start no later than April 1 of this year.

There will be a one-time payment of $250 to retirees and disabled individuals receiving certain Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Railroad Retirement benefits, and veterans' benefits. This payment will automatically be made to the appropriate individuals by the government. Retired government workers who do not receive Social Security benefits will be eligible to claim a $250 tax credit on their 2009 tax return.

Laura H – H&R Block – Senior Tax Advisor 5

**This advice was prepared based on our understanding of the tax law in effect at the time it was written as it applies to the facts that you provided.

• There has been no word since Pres. Obama was elected about a stimulus check like the one Pres. Bush gave us. Most of the stimulus is going towards socialized healthcare, renewable energy, and saving some endangered mouse. Most of the time, silence from Capitol Hill is a big fat no, so I wouldn't expect anything.

• 1 decade ago

A refundable credit of up to $400/single and

$800/married. Individuals who are employed or self-employed. Benefit starts to phase out at modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) = $75k/$150k. Full phaseout occurs at MAGI = $95k/$190k. 2009 and 2010: Benefit delivered during year as an increase in paycheck via a reduction in income tax withholding. This will start in mid-summer. Eligible individuals will claim a credit on their 2009 and 2010 returns.

Wage earners are going to receive extra money weekly in their take home pay. The IRS with be adjusting the federal withholding tables for employers .

Christine EA Master Tax Advisor

This advice was prepared based on our understanding of the tax law in effect at the time it was written as it applies to the facts that you provided.

http://www.hrblock.com/tax_professionals/christine...

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You can't find info about another stimulus check because there isn't one. Onw of the items in the new bill though is a tax cut for working people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

None the states gets it you get an quantity of $13 after that month $8 are government that affordable while it consists of us. I truly have a stimulus for the yank human beings there people who be attentive to the thank you to spend it greater beneficial than the government.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Did you not look to see if this question had not already been asked a ZILLION TIMES???

• 1 decade ago

HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS QUESTION HAVE TO BE ANSWERED?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.