Survey: Have you or would you ever consider walking barefoot across hot coals "firewalking"?

THANKS everyone for answering :)

Update:

Quizard missed that one wow but saw the show few weeks ago and amazing so many different religions..interesting see the different cultures......

Update 2:

Kat that is cheating ya minx :) xx

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Sam
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I usually would have answered "no way!" to this question. But I saw it done on Mythbusters a few weeks ago and after learning that;

1. coal is a poor conductor of heat

2. the sole of the foot is not in contact with the coals for long enough to get burnt.

I'm a bit more likely to think about it. However, I'm not going out of my way to look for somewhere to do a firewalk.

• 5 years ago

Yes, I have. I would just want the line of hot coals to be narrow enough so I could off jump to the side if I felt a severely sharp burn--and then if there wasn't a blister or what looked like charred burn spot then I would get back on the coals to finish walking to the end. I already regulary train my feet for hottest summer afternoon asphalt heat that is sometimes even hot enough the blister the soles of the feet, and when I get blisters it's because the soles are already burned way too much just from standing even before walking.

• 1 decade ago

Possibly. But not putting hot coals in my mouth as they were on that programme Around the World in 80 Faiths. the other week.

• Tango
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, I have cold feet about many things including firewalking.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

FOR SURE!!

I am fascinated with the whole idea of mind control and power...

It is definitely something I would consider doing.

• 1 decade ago

I would have to be so drunk to consider it that my blood alcohol levels would render me flammable and I'd burst into flames

• 1 decade ago

Not as long as I live and breathe Mel...Not even for one of your legendary bacon sandwiches even...Well maybe just once then...lmao

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

only if Tony Robbins voodoo makes me do it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hi mel

no i have never done that but i mite give it a go....with a few drinks...lol

• 1 decade ago

I'd try it on my bike Mel...lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.