Does the Confederate flag offend you?

And why did Yahoo want to ask this in the LGBT section?

• Saaski
    Favorite Answer

Aimee's answer just shows why people fly the confederate flag. Yes, a few racist's do fly it, but most of the people I know who have one would not hurt or be mean to black people or anyone. They just fly it because it represents the entire south, as opposed to one single state's flag. When everyone else in the country labels the entire south as stupid rednecks, inbred, etc, it is human nature to want to band together against it.

I do not fly the flag or use it because I know my some of my black friends associate it with racism. But I am proud of being southern, and am sick of being labeled as an idiot, that I sleeep with my brothers, etc. That is just a prejudiced as being a racist. I hate elitist snobs who really don't know what they are talking about.

I stay in California so i haven't considered the accomplice flag raised, yet as an American citizen who believes in equality. i might locate that downright offensive. The south broke aside by using fact they have been professional-slavery and the north became into against it. The civil war became into fought to end slavery and reunite the country, to work out somebody improve the accomplice flag is quite incorrect for my area. yet nonetheless, this is all an issue of attitude. they might basically have it raised by using fact this is an element of their and individuals historic previous.

Not so much because nobody can put me in chains in 2009, but I do question why people say it is part of their heritage. My girlfriend is Polish and Celtic. That's a heritage. Being Irish Scots, South African or Latina is a heritage. I consider being Southern or Northern a location however.

Not offended by it at all.

Some ignorant people try to use it as a tool of hatred, and that is so sad. A previous answerer is a good example of how people grab on to dogma with both hands when they don't know any better

No, not the flag itself. Some people use it to be offensive and obnoxious though. Honestly people give too much power to pieces of cloth sometimes.

Nope. it's just a flag, and I have no real feelings about it either way. Perhaps my Canadian heritage has something to do with it.

No cuz I don't know the history about it

But since I'm in the South and travel alot in the South, I see it alot.

BTW. do you go to Old Miss cuz I'm trying to apply there next year

• Gir

I personally don't like it. I went south to Georgia and saw a few along the way. It surprised me. Why do people even have those any more? I'm from the north though, so that's probably why I don't like it.

No. It is a part of history.

Not really, its just a flag