Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

what spices go together for a pork loin roast?

Favorite Answer

Here's my family's favorite...perhaps you'll enjoy it as well:

Roasted pork loin and potatoes - a delicious oven meal

1 boneless pork loin roast, about 3 to 4 pounds

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme

4 to 6 medium potatoes

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon thyme

1 to 2 teaspoon freeze-dried or fresh chives

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

salt and pepper, to taste

Rub pork loin with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, then sprinkle with salt and pepper; place pork loin in a shallow roasting pan. Roast at 325° for 50 to 55 minutes.

Meanwhile, peel and quarter potatoes; cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain, let cool, and place potatoes in a large bowl; toss with olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, chives, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Place potatoes around pork loin; roast an additional 45 to 60 minutes, or until pork registers at least 155° on a thermometer.

Cover roast pork loin with foil and let stand for about 15 minutes before slicing.

Serves 8 to 10.

Source(s): I can't recall...I've had this recipe for about 20 years. The potatoes are obviously optional (although not to my family). :)
  • kosier

Seasoning For Pork Roast

Pork Roast Seasoning

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axQ11

Garam masala is best with garlic, ginger, coriander, turmeric, red chile peppers. Make a curry by adding coconut milk. This is my favorite recipe with maple syrup- can be made in the slow cooker too. And the glaze works on pork chops too. Roast Pork with Maple and Mustard Glaze From allrecipes Yield 8 servings Ingredients 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast 1 cup real maple syrup 4 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce salt to taste ground black pepper to taste Directions Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stir together the maple syrup, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Place pork roast in a shallow roasting pan. Spread glaze evenly over pork roast. Roast pork in the preheated oven uncovered, until internal temperature measured with a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 hour. Remove from oven, and let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve. Enjoy!

• C.M. C

New_Mama, as for spices on pork as little as possible, no spices would be better still. As for seasoning I would massage the roast with olive oil, then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Pierce some holes along the roast and stuff a clove of garlic in the whole. I place my pork roast on a rack in my backing dish, and add water just enough to sit just below the rack. Here I squeeze an orange, and throw the orange in as well after I hand squeeze it. I add two to three springs of thyme and the same in rosemary, into my oven at 400F and prepare the accompaniment as the roast cooks.

With the drippings of the pork, the orange, and the flavor from the thyme and rosemary, because after a good twenty minutes the liquid has reduced some, I would use the remaining liquid and give the roast a good basting. do that lets say a further three times. When the roast is cooked take it out of the oven baste, cover and let it rest.

When you carve, do it on an angle. and that liquid in the bottom of your dish should have reduced well enough to be your sauce or gravy.

Chris

• Kim 2

Sage, definitely, some ground pepper and a bit of salt (it is pork so not too much) and even an apple pie spice mixed in would be delicious!

Try this out, I know it sounds odd but it works.

SPICE RUB:

2 teaspoons salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon chili powder

1 teaspoon cinnamon

GLAZE:

1 cup packed dark brown sugar

2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic

1 tablespoon Tabasco

Source(s): an old issue of Gourmet magazine
  • Marina

Rosemary and Garlic

• Ghost

Garlic, cayenne pepper, and rosemarry.

bay leaf