My brake light in my dashboard keeps lighting up and then turning off...is it an electrical issue?

My 2004 grand am has pretty new brakes and I haven't had any issues with them. But my light that says brake on it turns on and off randomly and so does my security light, but the brake light is way more often. I went to AutoZone and they can't check unless it's an engine light, and Midas will probably... show more My 2004 grand am has pretty new brakes and I haven't had any issues with them. But my light that says brake on it turns on and off randomly and so does my security light, but the brake light is way more often. I went to AutoZone and they can't check unless it's an engine light, and Midas will probably try to tell me things are wrong with my car that aren't, so somebody tell me what you think! Thanks!