Do full term babies get necrotizing enterocolitis?

Favorite Answer

he incidence of necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) varies from isolated cases to nursery epidemics. The population group most often affected is ill, preterm neonates.5

The incidence rates of necrotizing enterocolitis are similar in all developed countries in which high-quality health care is available for premature infants.

The incidence in premature neonates is highest in those with very low birth weights.6 NEC is less commonly seen in premature neonates with higher birth weights and in _Full-term neonates.

Currently, the mortality rate of patients with necrotizing enterocolitis is less than 20% when infants are treated early in the course of the illness. Without treatment, the mortality rate is extremely high.

Morbidity associated with NEC includes bowel stricture, peritoneal adhesions, and bowel perforation. If perforation occurs, the necrotic bowel is surgically resected. Resection of large lengths of bowel may result in short-bowel syndrome.

Necrotizing enterocolitis exhibits no sexual predilection.

Source(s): Necrotizing Enterocolitis Author: Beverly P Wood, MD, MS, PhD, Professor, Departments of Radiology and Pediatrics, Division of Medical Education, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California

it is amazingly solid for the toddler with each and all the equipped in immunities, meals element, intense fat content textile i think to that toddler of yours growing to be. I too come from a family contributors that would not breast feed, and it heavily weirds me out and that i in my view do no longer choose for to do it, yet i'm going to rigidity myself for as long as i can by fact there are merely too many motives to do it, and easily one reason to no longer (the my no longer liking it area). infants tend to be extra healthy on known growing to be up, could be a splash chubbier interior the start, yet infants that have been breast fed have a a lot decrease fee of weight problems or being over weight as an person. you will save a lot of money by using no longer having to by using the formulation. or maybe on the decrease back of formulation it says mothers milk is superb. Heck they're even asserting they might't journey or appropriate what breast milk provides our infants. you will additionally maximum probable have an extra handy time loosing the toddler weight (approximately 500 extra energy an afternoon burned) and many women human beings say it is super for bonding. i think there is likewise examine that pronounces women people who breast feed have a decrease danger of submit Partum melancholy. it is like in case you have a splash one, and your physique has arranged all this milk after which you do no longer use it and it has to dry up fantastic away, your physique might "think of" that it lost the youngster. Or so I hear. so a techniques as what to consume, merely save a solid properly balanced, wholesome weight loss plan. no longer something rather intense. desire I helped and congrats :)