Who is the real architect of language variety, we are told this happened at the Tower of Babel, read more?

I read and or Speak, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Latin, Hebrew, Ancient Egyptian, and speak some Japanese, Vietnamese, French, Greek and Latin. and have studied some of the elements and functions of many others. Personally I would not say that that I have mastered any language, but I am acquainted with... show more I read and or Speak, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Latin, Hebrew, Ancient Egyptian, and speak some Japanese, Vietnamese, French, Greek and Latin. and have studied some of the elements and functions of many others.

Personally I would not say that that I have mastered any language, but I am acquainted with all these languages enough to see that they all seem related, with the exception of Japanese which is an offshoot of Chinese, and seems to arrive from an independent origin.

As for Hebrew and Ancient Egyptian they fall in to the category of Semitic languages.
the others are in the category known as Latin root languages.

When you compare, Egyptian Hieroglyph, Phoenician, Hebrew, Greek, and Latin there is more than a passing resemblance among them. They can be seen to be related easily after looking at them for a while.

Since I doubt God altered the language and rather think men did this, my question is this,

What would be the benefit for God or man of making it difficult for all people to communicate easily with one another?

All are welcome to answer, but be rational if possible, diverse languages are not an accident regardless if they were enacted by God or man.