Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 1 decade ago

Bank of America in Japan withdraw question?

I am going to Japan and I would like to know if I could withdraw money from my account based in AZ, in Japan, never been there before, anybody know for sure?

Favorite Answer

Yes, you can withdraw money from any Japan Post or 7-11 convenience store ATM. Citibank and Shinsei Bank ATMs will also work, but they're not nearly as common. Most other ATMs will not work with international ATM cards.

Be careful, though, Bank of America charges a $5 fee for each withdrawal from an international ATM, so you might want to take out as much as you can each time. It's generally safe to carry around cash in Japan, so don't worry about that.

If you have yen left over, be sure to exchange it in Japan, because the bank fees for currency exchange are much lower in Japan than in the USA.

Bank Of America Atm Japan

I think you probably can. When me and my mom were at Narita airport, they had an ATM there that took a lot of foreign credit card companies. We had VISA so of course that's so common but so is Bank of America.

Just make sure that you get a lot your money out in cash while you're at the airport because after that, me and my mother had to go to the bank near the main Tokyo station and we were SO worried that it wouldn't work.

It did work but yeah, caused a lot of stress on our part and a lot of stuff in Japan is usually bought with cash.

Yes, take a look at the back of your atm card. If there is a mark such as Plus, Star or Cirrus. You can use it at all ATMs in Japan. Those marks will appear on the atm if they are accepted.

Yes you can.

Not all ATMs accept international cards.

You have to use ATMs that can accept international cards:

http://www.tokyosubway.info/money.html

(see above site for a list of ATMs)

Please note that bank of america like all banks have daily limits on how much you can take out, so call bank of america and ask them what your daily limit is, and inform them you are traveling overseas so they do not block your transations.

Really interesting question, looking forward to going through the answers

That is a good question I hope you will get reasonable answers

I would like to ask the same question as the previous person.

Use your plastics which have internarional valid black bar backside with code number as same as in USA at ATM machine everywhere.

• livy l

no way unless you have credit card