How do i handle a sister & brother in law who do nothing but be negative around my nephew when he's ->?

Watching Sporting events? Today i just couldn't take it anymore. I went to visit my sister my brother in law & my nephew. I first started watching the Nets-Magic Basketball game with my nephew but during that whole time all my sister & brother in law would just talk about how the NBA Ref Scandal has ruined... show more Watching Sporting events?

Today i just couldn't take it anymore. I went to visit my sister my brother in law & my nephew. I first started watching the Nets-Magic Basketball game with my nephew but during that whole time all my sister & brother in law would just talk about how the NBA Ref Scandal has ruined the NBA while also complaining about the officiating during the game. After that game we watched the Celtics- Cavs game. Again instead of just enjoying the game my brother in law is ranting about how the NBA is doing all they can to help Lebron James win a Championship. Then finally i tell my sister & brother in law about taking my nephew to Fenway Park to see his team the Red Sox in June. Instead of being happy about taking their son to see his favorite team I'm attacked by them saying why should i take him to see a bunch of drug cheats? Now my nephew has a dislike of Lebron James & agrees with his father about the NBA wanting Lebron James win a title. What happened to the days where we let the kids enjoy their sports while not really discussing much about the scandals & faults in sports in front of them?I'm very upset at how my sister & brother in law has taken the fun away from my nephew when it comes to sports & now he's so pessimistic & I'm now afraid that he won't enjoy the game I'll be taking him too in June & instead will concentrate more on the negatives of sports like his father does. How can i talk to my brother in law & sister in a nice way that they are ruining their son's fun in sports by their behavior every time he's watching a sporting event? Any good advice would be appreciated.