VFR Flight Plan Routing?

A few questions about how to show your routing on a VFR flight plan. Until now my flight plans were very straight forward, direct from one airport to another. My question is I now have flights that I want to make that are not direct. Some examples of what I mean are going around the end of a mountain range... show more A few questions about how to show your routing on a VFR flight plan. Until now my flight plans were very straight forward, direct from one airport to another. My question is I now have flights that I want to make that are not direct. Some examples of what I mean are going around the end of a mountain range instead of over them or following a highway instead of direct for some different scenery. I am wondering how to show this on a flight plan, I am going to fly over airport 1 and then turn and head to airport 2 without stopping at airport 1. How do I show that I am going to 2 Via 1. The same goes for a VOR or NDB that I might track to and then turn to my destination, can I use these on a VFR flight plan?? I have looked all through my books and can't seem to get much help on this. I have looked for some examples on the internet as well with no luck.

Thanks
7 answers 7