I would like to become a cattle rancher?

I have gone to college and earned a MBA but ith the economy the way it is. I would like to know if being a cattle rancher would be a good idea. I love having animals but would like to know what kind of income I could expect? Also can I get funding to by cows to start. I think having both organic cow meat would be great. Any good ideas?

Best Answer

Your timing is good for the purchase of the land for your ranch. Land is the cheapest it has been for 50 years.

Your timing is bad for the loan. No one will loan money for a start-up ranch. Get the money from friends or family..

I'd start with some college courses in animal husbandry and organic farming because you will need it.

Take a look at the ranches for sale. Get some idea of the start up costs. Some come with livestock included but changing to organic would be an additional expense.

http://www.ranchland.com/

• shiley

land feed , water, cows and a horse settle on milk ranch or steak ranch there is goat and pig ranches too awaken early and paintings difficult that's easyer and greater value-effective to bypass to college!