John D asked in TravelUnited StatesMiami · 1 decade ago

What are the best suburbs to live in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area? My wife & I are interested in moving to S. FL?

We are both young with an infant son. So would look for a safe neighborhood with good school system.

• Mugen
    Best Answer

When it comes to Miami there are a number of good and bad cities to live in and to avoid.

Miami is partitioned into many different sections, roughly into North, South, West and Downtown. Places to avoid in Miami are Liberty City, Overtown, North Miami, Opa Locka, Atlantic City, Carol City, Little Haiti, or anything around Opa Locka Airport. Good places to live in are Homestead, Coconut Grove, Key Biscayne, Coral Gables, Coral Way, South Miami, and Kendall.

Also If your planning on moving to Miami avoid driving on the 826 (Palmetto Expressway) during rush hour time because that highway will have you creeping at 10 mph on the way to work.

When it comes to Broward County (Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood area) there are a ton load of good cities to live in. I can only name a few that I'm familiar with the most. In the Hollywood area good cities to live in are Pembroke Pines, Miramar, Cooper City, and West Hollywood. Try to stay west of University Drive, that's generally a very good area with a very low crime rate in the western most part. There is a city in the far far west of Broward County called Weston, it's a very expensive city to live in but the communities are gated and crime there is almost non-existent so that makes up for the high prices to live in that area.

Ok now lets move to the northern part of Broward County which would be Fort Lauderdale and the cities surrounding it. In Fort Lauderdale there are also a number of good cities to live in. Anything west of the Turnpike is a good area which would be cities like West Sunrise, Margate, Tamarac, North Lauderdale, Coral Springs, Parkland, and Plantation. There are also a few cities on the east side of the Turnpike like Oakland Park that are generally good areas too. Also I forgot to include that Pompano Beach and Deerfield Beach are also good areas.

Now as for schooling I prefer Broward County Schools over Miami-Dade County Schools. Broward County is the largest school district in Florida and it was the 6th largest in the nation a while ago I think it still is. Out of the Tri-County area (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach) I would say Broward County has the best public schooling.

Source(s): ☀South Florida Native☀

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): suburbs live miami ft lauderdale area wife interested moving fl: https://shortly.im/VGhZ1

Miami is certainly one of the most popular vacation spots and with hotelbye you'll find out more. Miami has something for anyone; from the fashionable nightlife of South Beach, bejeweled by a person's eye candy of the Art Deco section up to the bustle of Calle Ocho and the extremely caffeinated energy of Small Havana. The Art Deco District provides straight back memories of a youthful time in Florida with its beautifully restored 1930s Art Deco buildings and is really a place effectively visited the same as Bayside Marketplace. That place is a big outdoor fashion mall with an increase of than 150 specialty and tourist stores, numerous restaurants and restaurants, and everyday live entertainment.

Miami Suburbs

"Good school system" & South Florida are inconsistent concepts. In both counties the best public schools are in the most expensive neighborhoods. These are:

Broward County - anything East of the Intracoastal waterway. Downtown Ft. Lauderdale East of US-1 north of New River; & South of the River.

Dade County - anything East of the Intracoastal waterway or on an Island.

Coral Gables, South Miami, & Pinecrest. South of Coral Gables: Anything East of US-1 & North of SW 152 St.

Miami Lakes, Pinecrest, Kendall, Weston, Pembroke Pines are all good choices.

• ha

weston is really nice; it's a gated community, so it's safe and has good schools. kids still play in the streets. of course you have to deal with the whole gated community thing, which means you can only paint your house a certain color, stuff like that. and it's a relatively expensive part of town.

otherwise, the neighborhoods are very segregated, so if you find a nice one, you'll be fine. there are parts of hollywood that are great.

Move to Kendall .

It's awesome .

Great Schools .

:}

Source(s): I live in Miami ; Duhhh