Any good stand alone Mysteries/Thrillers?

I love Mystery/Thrillers but more often than not the new books are a part of series with the same lead character in all. Sometimes if the new book is one of perhaps only 3, I'll read the 1st and work my way to the current book but I prefer stand alones.

I like gritty Mystery/Thrillers like Greg Iles books. I have read all of his stand alone books like True Evil, Sleep No More, 24 Hours and Mortal Fear.

So.. I don't want any detective by day, mom by night Lifetime books. The lead character can be female but I want something similar to Greg Iles or James Siegal or George Shuman (Sherry Moore novels) in tone.

Oh and the less romantic undertones the better.

Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

I would suggest some of the following:

Dean Koontz - The Husband, The Good Guy, and many others

John Grisham - The Appeal, The Client, The Rainmaker and many others

While technically they aren't stand alone novels, they are good novels by Lee Child. They are: Killing Floor, Die Trying, Tripwire, Running Blind, The Visitor, Echo Burning, Without Fail, Persuader, The Enemy, One Shot, The Hard Way, Bad Luck and Trouble, Nothing to Lose, and Gone Tomorrow. They are good books and don't require you to read the previous books. I personally started in the middle of the series and jumped in.

Try Freedomland and/or Lush Life by Richard Price. They are both stand-alone mysteries and are excellent.

Mystic River by Dennis Lehane is excellent.

u might luv pandora hearts its dark and has a secret to it the sole element is that it has relatively myth in it yet u gives you it a attempt additionally i think of u will like loss of existence word fullmetal allcemist Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro- is a anime yet i think of u might like its some dective in spite of the incontrovertible fact that it has relatively myth in it