Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

A Song For Your Ears (covert operations in a fuzzy red hat edition)?

"Ping Island / Lightning Strike Rescue Op"

Mark Mothersbaugh

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOAXAoHtl7o

What did you think of this song?

Love? Hate? Indifference?

Somewhere in between?

A musical genius, and one of the deranged minds behind DEVO, Mothersbaugh's music has become nearly ubiquitous - covering commercials, video games, tv shows, and movies.

That's him on a lot of the instruments in there, by the way.

If I ever have to infiltrate an enemy base - this will be playing in my head.

Song 111 in a series.

Archive - is addicted to Dimetapp

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jkfii&view=pla...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi Radio.

I saw you, or maybe it was someone else, but someone mentioned this one as a particularly good Mothersbaugh score tune so I downloaded it. I knew I liked the music from the Life Aquatic anyways, but I enjoyed it a lot. I really love his score work. Him and Wes Anderson is a pretty cool artistic marriage.

Great choice. Have a good one.

• PJ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

By itself I'd be somewhere in between. The music made me smile at the beginning just for the sheer wackiness of the sounds, but I was getting bored with it half-way through.

Given it's association with one of my favorite Wes Anderson movies, though, I love it!

• 1 decade ago

The beginning part of very bland and I was about to pass on and turn it off, but I didn't. And I'm glad that I didn't. Once it did start to pick up, it was very good. Nice blend of instruments. I liked it.

• 1 decade ago

Oh my God I love that movie! and I love Devo! So I guess you could say that the song just brightened my day?

haha it reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite vaguely.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

mothersbaugh is awesome... and so is wes anderson... gotta love it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.