Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

A Song For Your Ears (covert operations in a fuzzy red hat edition)?

"Ping Island / Lightning Strike Rescue Op"

Mark Mothersbaugh

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOAXAoHtl7o

What did you think of this song?

Love? Hate? Indifference?

Somewhere in between?

A musical genius, and one of the deranged minds behind DEVO, Mothersbaugh's music has become nearly ubiquitous - covering commercials, video games, tv shows, and movies.

That's him on a lot of the instruments in there, by the way.

If I ever have to infiltrate an enemy base - this will be playing in my head.

Song 111 in a series.

Archive - is addicted to Dimetapp

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jkfii&view=pla...

Favorite Answer

Hi Radio.

I saw you, or maybe it was someone else, but someone mentioned this one as a particularly good Mothersbaugh score tune so I downloaded it. I knew I liked the music from the Life Aquatic anyways, but I enjoyed it a lot. I really love his score work. Him and Wes Anderson is a pretty cool artistic marriage.

Great choice. Have a good one.

• PJ

By itself I'd be somewhere in between. The music made me smile at the beginning just for the sheer wackiness of the sounds, but I was getting bored with it half-way through.

Given it's association with one of my favorite Wes Anderson movies, though, I love it!

The beginning part of very bland and I was about to pass on and turn it off, but I didn't. And I'm glad that I didn't. Once it did start to pick up, it was very good. Nice blend of instruments. I liked it.

Oh my God I love that movie! and I love Devo! So I guess you could say that the song just brightened my day?

haha it reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite vaguely.

mothersbaugh is awesome... and so is wes anderson... gotta love it.