rocker_254 asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Can someone please name all the types of cichlid you get???(easy 10 points)?

Favorite Answer

All the types I get? If you mean by what I have, that's fairly easy. If you mean every type there is, I think the other answers that have all said to you, there just isn't enough room to list it on this answer, because by species breakdown, you're talking about well over 3000 species.

I have, by largest to smallest:

Nimbochromis Venustus

Protomelas Steveni (Albino)

Pytchochromis Oligocanthus

Paratilapia Polleni

Scianochromis Fryeri

Aulnocara (Eureka Red, Regal Yellows)

Pseudotropheus Flavus

" " Crabro

" " Careleus

" " Kenyi

" " Socoloffi

Tilapia Bythobate (debate on if this is a cichlid or not, but I'm listing it as one)

Astatotilapia latifasciata

Lipochromis Sp. "Matumbai Hunter"

Xistochromis Phytophagus

Astatotilapia aeneocolor

These are not all in the same tank either, but split over 3 larger tanks and supported with 2 smaller maternity/hospital tanks

• Gary D

There are somewhere between 1,300 and 3,000 species of Cichlids. There's no way you'll be able to get someone to name them all.

Recommendation: Get a book on Cichlids and look through to find the ones you like, or go to your local pet shop and look around at the Cichlid tanks.

Source(s): Former CEO of a zoo & science museum.

No one is gonna spend hours naming all the 3500 cichlid species not to mention the ones still being introduced into the hobby. Its not worth 10 pts.

a million- Rebecca/Ebony i savour the call Rebecca for her out of those possibilities, yet to tell the actuality, those names are over-used or relatively sound bland. >_> I in lots of circumstances call my character by potential of technique of be unsleeping meanings. changing prettyful words into French additionally help plenty :) For the define for a million she has dark brown hair and eyes. the call Ebony potential heavy blackish or very dark brown wood from a specifically tropical tree. (From the dictionary on my mac :) ) Her dad and mom might have named her Ebony because of potential of actuality she had such dark hair. and she or he may additionally get a nickname from her bullies. 2- Greyson the call potential "son of the gray-haired guy" in accordance to think of of toddler names, so as that grew to become into relatively a precaution XD diverse names are too.... meh...bland... I advise now no longer each and every call is all extraordinary XD it rather is relatively my opinion poking at me :) Greyson grew to become into my decision because of potential of actuality it is sorta hardship-loose, yet uncommon. the call fits his image. Yeah. No huge paragraphs for this >_< 3- Heidi it rather is a relatively call :) it rather is a unfavorable reason yet that's what it rather is! i think of of yet one extra beneficial reason is by potential of potential of the actuality it fits her image. 3 is blonde, and Heidi is a german call. Victoria is used too many situations even no submit to in innovations if it rather is a relatively call besides. diverse 2 names do now no longer probably spark an interest. 4- Italian Names: Romano, Sergio, Giovanni, etc he might have a acceptance it rather is from italia~ that is composed of his very final call too. so by way of fact it rather is why there is all those Italian names up there. exact he might have an Italian call if he's the sole one you suggested a race or regardless of. Tristan is a celtic call, Keith is scottish, Noah is hebrew, and Jacob is likewise hebrew, so i does now no longer call him that if he's Italian? relatively a concept.

There are over 160 genera and more than 900 species of Cichlids... lol but what you can do is go to this website and it has all of this info on them =) http://fish.mongabay.com/cichlids.htm

• catx

There's not enough room in this text box to do that. It's one of the largest families of fish!

See this link for all the species given full names:

http://www.fishbase.org/identification/specieslist...

It will take a fair few minutes to load!

This does not include the hundreds more that have not yet been fully named, and does not include the dozens more hybrid species.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com

There are over 900 types of cichilds.

Here is a website that might be able to name all of them for you.

http://fish.mongabay.com/cichlids.htm

this website will give u the name of all the types of cichlids

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/cichlid/cich...

hope this helps :)

Catfish

Characins

Cichlids

Cyprinds

Killifish

Labyrinth Fish

Livebearers

Loaches

Others

Perches

Rainbowfish

• There are four groups :

Neotropical (New World)

African

Madagascar

Asian