For Jehovah's Witnesses Only?

I am interested in becoming a Jehovah's Witness and also a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. I have heard so many bad (ungodly) things about joining a greek organization, i'm having second thoughts. I do not want to compromise my relationship with Jehovah, so I would like to ask current Jehovah's Witnesses: should I join Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.

Favorite Answer

You already know it will compromise your relationship with Jehovah. The purpose of sororities is to develop and maintain lifelong friendships and to establish future business contacts.This world has no future. So why pursue such relationships?

1 Cor. 7:29-31 warns Christians that the time left is reduced, and that the scene of this world is changing. What part of that do you not believe? Especially since the election?

Remember too, James 4:4: "Adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God." Did you notice those strong words? Referring to Christians choosing to be friends with the world? Adultery is how Jehovah views our turning our attention to worldly pursuits instead of loyally standing firm for Jehovah. Matt. 6:24 " No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for Riches." Those were Jesus' words.

Proverbs 10:22 promises " The blessing of Jehovah - that is what makes one rich, and he adds no pain with it."

This is Your decision to make Alone. Those of us that have made this choice had to reach this decision for ourselves. We cannot tell you what to do, only give you the same sound counsel each of us was at one time or another given from the Bible. It really comes down to are you ready and willing to do as Jesus said all his followers would have to do at Mark 8:34:" If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and follow me continually." In verses 35-38 of that same chapter 8 Jesus explains the results of not following him.

To get baptized as a Witness you must first make a private dedication of yourself to Jehovah in prayer. That dedication means you let go of this world and look forward to the Real World we were all intended to live in. Read the description below of one sister's visualisation of what we have to look forward to. It is real to her, you need to make your future life in the New System real to you. College and Sororities are designed to impress upon you what real life in this world is like. Is that where you really want to be?

I hope not, for life, real life as Jehovah intended for us to live is so much better to contemplate. I hope you one day let me know you are My SISTER in Jehovah's family. Agape' Tirshatha

'One day of the Real Life'

Nowadays I like getting up with the sun and starting my day while it’s fresh and new. No more hitting that snooze button until the very last minute and dreading the workday ahead of me! I feel better and better every day, and I can’t help but notice I look better too. I have several jobs, and today I am privileged to be doing my very favorite task! Besides studying with newly resurrected ones, I have been granted the privilege of using my home as a sort of New System Bed and Breakfast. While the Resurrection Center was being constructed, I had a house full, 2 couples and two single sisters who lived here with me temporarily. Now that that work is over, families who live too far away from the Resurrection Center come and stay with me, sometimes just a few nights, often a week while their newly resurrected loved ones acclimate to this wonderful new world. This house has seen so much joy!

I have company arriving today – two fleshly brothers whose parents died in a car accident and are going to be resurrected in the same week. I want to make something special for tonight, so I head out to the raspberry patch to gather some to add to the apple pie I’m planning for dessert. The fox family that lives among the raspberry bushes comes out to greet me, the mother elegantly gliding toward me to have her chin scratched, and three cubs tumbling over each other in their play. My chickens aren’t a bit alarmed at all these foxes nearby, they go on searching for worms and scratching around the yard, clucking contentedly to one another.

I’m nearly finished gathering berries when I notice two people coming along the path at the top of the hill. My Mother and her sister JoeAnn often come over for a cup of tea early in the morning; their home is only a 15 minute walk away through a beautiful wildflower garden, around the little pond, then through the forest and down the grassy hill to my house. The two of them are halfway here when a tall blond boy emerges from the woods, running as fast as his long legs will carry him to catch up to them. Their conversation stops as they turn at the sound, the youth skids to a stop to talk to them. Whatever Mom tells him, I can see it’s what he was hoping for, because he hugs her so hard he picks her up, and then leaving the path he runs towards the barn. My favorite Icelandic mare has a two week old foal, so I know where my brother is heading!

He notices me as he runs, he waves but doesn’t slow down – I’m glad, even afterall these years I still get tears in my eyes sometimes at the sight of him. Dougie had died in the old world when he was only a baby, and the day he was resurrected was one of the happiest of all of our lives. My dear Mom had kept so much of the pain of losing him to herself, but when they placed her baby boy in her arms, she cried tears of joy for days afterwards. She and JoeAnn have really enjoyed raising him, from a chubby blond baby to an enthusiastic teenager now as tall as me, and sure to grow taller.

I’m glad Dougie – no, he wants to be called Doug now, he thinks it sounds so much more grown up – went to the barn, I know he’ll put out fresh food and water for the animals, so I’ll have plenty of time to give him another lesson driving the curricle. What a joy it’s been to watch him grow up in this new world, with no more worries of sickness or any other harm coming to him.

I go into the house to put the tea kettle on to boil, and soon Mom and JoeAnn come in, full of happiness and good health. They both look radiant from their walk, and so beautiful. No more gray hair – in fact, Mom’s hair is thicker and more beautiful than in her youth. Their wrinkles have faded away from their faces; they seem to look younger every time I see them.

Mom has a package with her, as she unwraps it she tells me it came yesterday from the message service with a long letter from my daughter Bethany. She and her husband are in the reconstruction work, but somehow she managed to find the time to paint a portrait of her newest granddaughter, Elizabeth. The picture is beautifully done, a sleeping chubby infant perhaps a few weeks old. Bethany always had artistic talent, but in the new world now, growing towards perfection, she has really surpassed herself. Busy with construction projects, Bethany isn’t spending a lot of time working on art – she knows she has forever to develop her talent! This painting she did especially for her grandmother and it warms my heart to see how happy Mom is.

While I make the pie crust and cut up the apples, we exchange news of friends and family, many of them far away in different assignments. Doug runs in to ask if I mind if he rides Henrietta, the Llama, and dashes out again to get her saddled up. Then I hear him calling out a greeting, and I see in the shade of the big elm trees at the end of the garden two men sitting on the wooden bench – they must be my guests! We all go out to meet them, they look vaguely familiar but I can’t think of who they might be. One walks up to me with a twinkle in his eye and says, “Ann, don’t you recognize me? I’m Arly, and this is my brother Vern!” For a second we were speechless, and then everyone was hugging each other and talking all at once. It’s not surprising that we didn’t recognize them, with their wavy brown hair and bright blue eyes. Vern had died in his 92nd year, the last time I had seen him he was barely able to talk and confined to a wheelchair. Arly had nearly lost his sight due

to cataracts, and had to walk with a cane. Yet here they were, looking like they had never seen forty! Vern was one of the original special pioneers who opened up the preaching work in our area long before I was born, and Arly had been a most beloved elder in our congregation. What an unspeakable joy to have them as guests in my house!

We show them all around, and after lunch Vern volunteers to give Doug his driving lesson. Mom and JoeAnn have studies to conduct in the afternoon, but we arrange to have a get-together soon and invite many of the neighbors who know Vern and Arly.

After many hours spent talking, reminiscing and catching up on news of dear friends near and far, Vern and Arly go up to their rooms to unpack, and I go into the garden to pick some vegetables for supper. What a good day this has been! I’m so full of joy, I can barely hold it all in, so I don’t even try. I fall down on my knees in the rich garden soil and thank my heavenly father Jehovah once more for all his bounteous blessings. Today was just one memorable, joyful day; one of an infinite number of days filled with joy ahead of us all – an eternity!

Written by LuAnn Simms of USA

Source(s): The Bible and Theocratic Ministry School of Jehovah's Witnesses and story by LuAnn Simms

1

Source(s): Is the end Near? http://givitry.info/EndTimesProphecy

Sister sourskittles86 is correct. Since Satan is the ruler on earth at the present time, any involvement in human politic will jeopardize your relationship with Jehovah. The site did say "to encourage political participation". If you join them, one day you will be put in a situation that you may be unable to resist or loose sight of Jehovah. There again, it is your choice to do whatever with your life. I do hope that one day you will become one of the gazillionaires in wisdom.

Proverbs 9:10-11; 10:22 says: The fear of Jehovah is the start of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Most Holy One is what understanding is.  For by me your days will become many, and to you years of life will be added (everlasting life). The blessing of Jehovah—that is what makes rich, and he adds no pain with it. --Compare Rev 21:4.

This is what I was able to find for you hon,

The major programs of the Sorority are based upon the organization's Five-Point Thrust:

* Educational Development

* Economic Development

* International Awareness and Involvement

* Physical and Mental Health

* Political Awareness and Involvement

This is straight off their website.

I already see a problem. Political Awareness and Involvement.

John 17:16 Jesus tells us to be no part of this world.

1 John 5:19 the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one

John 14:30 Jesus refers Satan to being the ruler of this world

John 6:15 Jesus ran away when people were tried to make him king

If we are to imitate Jesus and please Jehovah we have to be politically neutral. For Jesus is no part of this world....Satan runs it.

Hope that helped!!!!!

i'd suggest you do a thorough background check on the group. speak to some members, serious ones only, who are already part of the group. then pray to Jehovah and make your decision. i would not suggest you go with what people say about the group as they might as well be lying to you. Example; the ex J.W. who answered your question. but if your conscience is bothering you already about it, then don't join no matter what.

Jehovah God wanted us to use his name. Matthew 6:9, Jesus told us that we should pray: "Our Father in the heavens, let your NAME be SANCTIFIED." Also Isaiah 43:10 also brings out that Jehovah said, "You are my WITNESSES." God is a Title. Even with Arabs. A good dictionary will show you, “Allah” is a shortened form of the Arabic term meaning “the god", this is not a name. The title “God” is neither personal nor distinctive. In the Hebrew Scriptures the same word (ʼElo‧him′) is applied to Jehovah, the true God, and also to false gods. The Imperial Bible-Dictionary says: “It is everywhere a proper name, denoting the personal God and him only; whereas Elohim partakes more of the character of a common noun, denoting usually, indeed, but not necessarily nor uniformly, the Supreme. . . . The Hebrew may say the Elohim, the true God, in opposition to all false gods; but he never says the Jehovah, for Jehovah is the name of the true God only. He says again and again my God . . . ; but never my Jehovah, for when he says my God, he means Jehovah. He speaks of the God of Israel, but never of the Jehovah of Israel, for there is no other Jehovah. He speaks of the living God, but never of the living Jehovah, for he cannot conceive of Jehovah as other than living.” Hope This Helps

Ask for a J.W. to print out a copy of:

w1960 8/15, pgs 503-508, pars 15-21

I'm a hopeful Delta myself. My advice is to not take what people say on here too heart unless they are truly a Delta. There are a lot of myths and stereotypes. Also the Divine Nine have a lot of differences to the white Green organizations. Talk to Deltas and observe what they do regularly and their character, don't focus on what seems like the fun stuff like parties. Spiritually, DST was founded on Christian values and you are not obligated to compromise your beliefs.

For Danny: surely you Jest. Mother of God, Queen of Heaven? Where in the Bible do you find those terms?

Purgatory, Limbo- Pontiff infallibility..need I go On?

Source(s): Observation.
  • honker

It's your choice, but will effect your relationship with Jehovah. That's the answer.

I assume you are going to college. JWs do that.

WHAT exactly will you have to agree to doing to join that group? Will you have to participate in unscriptural activies such as drunkness, immoral sex (outside marriage), violence/hazing toward other people? etc.

Will you be expected to go to bars? To date?

What do they want you to do?

Many JWS are teachers and are in teacher organizations. They do not go to holiday parties, etc. with those. They do go to training sessions, insurance or healthcare meetings, legitamate not religious/holiday concerns.

Debbie debbiepittman@yahoo.com