can I have blue strobe lights in my car before getting the permit?

I'm going to be a firefighter volunteer in PA in about three weeks and i have already bought blue strobe lights for my car... I'm not going to get the permit for them until I’m in the force, but can I do the wiring now and just not use them until then? (of course without getting pulled over)

If it makes any difference, they are two small 21-Led blue strobe lights that are gonna be fixed on the top corners of my car's front windshield.

Favorite Answer

Installing auxiliary lighting normally requires approval of the sheriff of your county. I suspect he has some type of agreement with your department. However, the agreement will not apply until you are actually on the department.

If they are not visible, I doubt you will be questioned. However, if they are observed, or you are seen operating them, you could be held accountable.

Source(s): 17 years law enforcement