Jeep Wrangler Doors.. replacing half door to a full door?

How difficult is it to get full doors for a 98 jeep wrangler, and will this give me glass side windows instead of the plastic windows. Also how interchangeable are they?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i dont know for the new ones, but it use to be just a few bolts on the side, Go with ones that have no electrics, manual windows and locks.

Junkyards and ebay are your best bet on finding the new full doors, a body shop can color match them if needed.

• 1 decade ago

Full doors aren't terribly hard to come by and doors from '97 through at least '04 will work. The doors can be difficult to take off if you have never removed them. The hinges like to rust but if you spray a little PB Blaster in there and let it sit for a bit then wiggle the door back and forth it should come off without much hassle. The full doors and half doors on the TJs are made to fit both hard ans soft tops so interchangeability is no problem. If your looking for cheap doors check a few jeep forums before ebay, often times you can find someone that has a set for sale or wants to swap for half doors.

• nolff
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Jeep Cherokee Half Doors

• BFH
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I takes about five minutes, and they make any kind of door you want. You can even get sliding glass windows on a half canvas door.

Source(s): I sat in one like that today.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • rick b
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There are fiberglass upper half doors that you mount in your stock steel lower half doors, Try these guys, their doors seal real will. If you can handle the cost, best top or check in e-bay

Source(s): Old Mechanic
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.