Keeping a cat in a rented room.?

I rent a room in a house and I've been thinking of getting a cat. I wont really feel comfortable letting the cat roam the house, as it would be a burden on my land lady. I don't want to let the cat outside as I live on a busy street with a bus stop, and there are a lot of cats in the area. I figured I... show more I rent a room in a house and I've been thinking of getting a cat. I wont really feel comfortable letting the cat roam the house, as it would be a burden on my land lady. I don't want to let the cat outside as I live on a busy street with a bus stop, and there are a lot of cats in the area.
I figured I could just keep the cat in my room and make sure it doesn't get out during the day. I'd be willing to have a litter box, food dish, bed, and scratching post in my room. I'll probably have to open the window a few time for ventilation, but that's not a big deal to me.
My questions:
1. How easy is it to train a cat not to try to sneak out the door or to possibly claw at the window screen? Will the water bottle and double stick tape work?
2. Are there any health hazards to keeping a pet isolated in a room? Are there any cat food brands that can minimize odors while still being nutritional?
3. Do cats prefer their food all at once, or can I feed half before work and then half after?
4. If the cat chooses to urinate in an innappropriate place (bed, laundry), how do I punish it and make it associate said punishment with the improper urination?
5. Will a cat be okay on its own if it has toys? How would I be able to tell if it is happy?
Thanks