What do u think about Jimmy Carter?

Its for an Lang. Art Project and i need people to tell me about Jimmy Carter like what do you like about him and what you don't like about him Please comment

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

JUST SOME OF CARTER'S FAILURES

--Tolerated the Soviet Arms build-up

--Endorsed Frank Church's gutting of the CIA

--Gave away the Panama Canal

--Iranian Hostage Crisis

--Responsible for the fall of the Shah of Iran and the rise of the militant, anti-American Iranian dictatorship under the Ayatollah Khomeini

--1st American ex-president to visit Cuba in 2002

--invited a Somalian delegation representing warlord Mohammed Farah Aidid to his Carter Center in Georgia

--pardoned all draft dodgers

--21% inflation rate

--Has praise for Fidel Castro, Kim Jong Il, Yaser Arafat (he even ghost-wrote a speech for him) and other anti-American dictators who are atrocious human rights abusers but has criticism for George W. Bush who has liberated millions of people from oppression in Afghanistan & Iraq

--Misery index

• 1 decade ago

Although a very intelligent and honest man, Jimmy Carter was a prime example of a man who lacked the common sense to perform as President of the United States and Commander in Chief of the US military. In much the same way that Obama was recently elected, Jimmy Carter was took office basically by default; no one wanted another Republican as President due to the tremendous shortcomings of the outgoing Republican regime. An example of Jimmy's lack of ability to lead &/or make good decisions, he seriously altered the GI Bill (retirement) and pay raises in 1976 (I was in the military at that time); a move that all but killed enlistment. Another example was his poor handling of the Iranian hostage situation, where 52 US citizens were held hostage by (big surprise) militant Islamists for 444 days!

After 4 years of Jimmy Carter, America was so desperate of leadership they elected an actor from California.

Source(s): 4 years of Jimmy Carter gave us 8 years of Ronald Regan. Similarly, 4 years of Barack Obama will give us 8 years of (fill in the blank) Republican.
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Jimmie Carter was a magnificent diplomat. He got Egypt and Israel, two former enemies to agree to the Camp David Accord, and since then, Egypt and Israel have lived in peace.

Howeve as a leader, he was very ineffective. My own feelings is, he was the wrong man for the job.

He would have made an excellect secretary of state, but as a president, we was one of the worst in recent history.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/carter/peopleevents/e...

• Doug B
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He's the best ex-President we've ever had. His time in office? Well, that's another story. Carter was really out of his depth and not ready for the job.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The single worst president of the United States of America, I don't know if you want the facts, but unfortunately Obama is heading right down the same disasterous road that Carter took. He may have been an inteligent person, but he was politically stupid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Failure of a president, failure in the peanut butter business...

"It takes a Carter to get a Reagan"

Carter's greatest achievement was being followed by the greatest president in history.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

jimmy carter is a buffoon and was a sh*i*t president that caused tremendous harm to the country.

• hog b
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I got the impression he was honest, and well meaning, by his own lights, which was probably his downfall.

He was very unfortunate to have been booted out because of the Iran hostage crisis.

Source(s): This is my impression from the UK
  • 1 decade ago

Jimmy is the chump 0bama was cloned from.

• Kevin7
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He was a bad president!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.