Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

The 2008-2009 M.V.P.?

I think it'll go to Kobe or LeBron. I'm hoping Lebron, and I think he deserves it since so far he has one of the best teams in the NBA along with some of the best all around stats.

I don't think Wade should get it only because LEBRON averaged even better stats last year then D-Wade is averaging this year. 30,7, and 7. Did LeBron get MVP ? Nope. So why should Wade?

Commando - Did you read the reason why I said it won't be D-Wade? You won't win MVP without a good record.

• Eddie
    Favorite Answer

When you look at stats, team record and the contribution to their team that each of these players bring to the table then the mvp award is LBJ no question,

LBJ leads his team in scoring, assists, rebounds and steals. so he is doing much more for his team than Wade or kobe,

and when you look at the combine stats his stats are slightly better than Wades because of the rebound difference, Wade has a few % point lead in scoring and assists but LBJ rebound is almost 2 more per game than Wade. and Kobe rebounds and assists are much lower than LBJ.

But when you put the team record into account then the Cavs have the second best record in the whole league and have the some amount of losses than the Lakers do, so if they both won all their game then they would have the same record but the Lakers would have the tie breaker thought because they beat the Cavs twice this year.

So basically when you put record, stats, what you mean to the team success then I think the MVP order should be

#1 LBJ

#2 Wade

and close #3 Kobe

honorable mention Dwight Howard

The only reason I put Wade at 2 is the Heat might be the 4th seed but his stats are mvp type of stats and yes you are right when you say LBJ stats were better last year and did not get the award but I think with his stats and team doing pretty good compare to last year and if you took Wade off that team they would be back in the lottery,

as far as Kobe, he still might be the best of all of these athletes but I truly believe the Lakers would still be a playoff team without him and if you took Wade and LBJ off of their team then the Heat and the Cavs are lottery teams.

My opinion

• erma

How come no man or woman has said the QB that shows the most efficiancy and maximum promise; Trent Edwards! No he would not throw 6 tds a recreation yet he would not turn the ball over both. contained in the 4th quarter no man or woman has been more beneficial effective than Trent Edwards. no longer in straightforward words the offense even if the protection look to him for administration also. earlier very last weeks concussion Trent became 3/3 and the expenditures were utilising! He is going out the offense and protection appeared terrible! i understand Edwards isn't a delusion vendors dream yet he's the most desirable and maximum consistant QB contained in the league in the present day! Is brees good yeah even if the Saints aren't any further inspite of the recieving center he has, Shockey, Bush, or maybe with different recievers they have. Eli is exceptionally good yet each now and again you in basic terms do not understand what Eli will ensue. Portis get out of right here with that! at the same time as the Skins can beat the Rams come communicate over with me. Edwards is the in straightforward words QB this 3 hundred and sixty 5 days to conquer 3 playoff communities from very last 3 hundred and sixty 5 days! i have self belief when you consider that Trent's rookie season 2 years in the past he's 10-5 as a starter! Can the different QB say that about his first 2 years? no longer too many!

it's going to LeBron, the NBA's golden boy.

it's voted on by coaches and media. and if the media has been spouting man-love for one person all season, it's James.

statistics have always played a smaller part in the award than the story.

that's why guys like Dirk won the award with inferior stats, just because the Mavs had such a good turnaround, while a year earlier, Chauncey Billups was snuffed for the MVP, even though the Pistons steam rolled every team in the league and had the best record. BUT, they didn't have the story to go with it.

LeBron, all the way. Kobe has put up great numbers, but it's the same story as last year.

True. The Heat this year are like the Cavs last year. I gotta give it to LeBron. He has better stats than Kobe and Kobe's team is only one game ahead of LeBrons.

Lebron has the edge on all stats and his team is only behind by a few games

I would give the MVP to lebron

Its tough to say. Lakers lost 2 straight road games, Cavs went 3-1 on their road trip. Espn.com already put Lebron back to the first spot, after Kobe climbed to the first last week but dropped again. I think Lebron already won it, because Cavs has easier games for the rest of the season as Lakers got bunch of tough road games this month after 2 straight stupid losses.

Kobe Bryant. The Lakers have lost Andrew Bynum and their defense is crippling, and he is keeping them up! The same thing said about Lebron.

It should be LeBron. He has the stats, the team, and he's the face of the NBA.

• LeBron.

• I defended LeBron James last year, so not being a hypocrite, I'll defend Dwyane Wade this year.