Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

Are witches real????????

bcuz my mom told me that we r..and i dont know if i should believe her..so can u give me some help and tell me if they r real..my mom said that there is 2 kinds like black magic and white magic and black is bad and white is good..and she said that we do white magic..and can u please tell me how u kno wat magic is black magic..she said wen u do black magic it back fires and i dont want to get confused soo plzz help me..thankxx

Favorite Answer

Yes, witches are real.

I must correct your mother though, there is no such thing as black or white magick. Magick can be colored through the practioner with their energy, like focusing on a certain color to help power a spell, ritual, etc, but there are no specific colors in magick. You can research it- most authors will tell you magick has no color, but there are people who will tell you there is black & white magic.

She probably is referring to Karma, aka- what you do comes back to you three fold (x3). It's pretty much saying treat others the way you want to be treated, but it's a Wiccan Rede- and also many witches, pagans, druids, etc believe in this and other people do as well. (Not all though.)

Witches are real, but I don't know where your mom got her facts / research. Could I suggest to you Scott Cunningham's book, "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner"? You don't have to be Wiccan to read the book or anything, but it has good information for beginners.

You can read it for free here:

http://books.google.com/books?id=U3un43fTEOcC&prin...

And the sequel to the book (Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner‎):

http://books.google.com/books?id=kGOZZAHbm8YC&prin...

Bright blessings,

- Em

to be honest it really depends on what the witch believes that really classifies them. My belief as my kind of witch craft is black magic is when you use your powers for a negative effect on another person, from many stories that ive heard from friends NEVER DO IT! it always comes back and will literaly harm you by either physically harming you or harming those around you. White magic is the opposite as long as you follow the reed "For the good of all harming none so mote it be" youll pretty much stick to white magic. THEN there are grey witches who sorta either do both or a mix of the two. once agin.. Never do black magic, it can seriously harm you. But as for your first question, yes witches are real buit like karma said, not in the disney way, there are many rules and guidelines but we can do some weather stuff, some elemental stuff, we can brew "potions" but theyre usually just healing stuff that you can learn in any herblore class... lol i could rant forever on withces but good luck if your mom was a witch it means you could inherit her powers or be greater than her.

Source(s): ima witch (white witch, black magic scares me)

Yes they are real but not in the broomstick and pointed hat kind of way. A lot of the time witchcraft is related to satanism and demonic power. To be honest I don't think there is such a thing as "good" magic without looking at it at a religious point of view. Without bringing religion into the explination, I can't say there is actually such a thing. Sorry. But I have heard cases of witchcraft with good effects but I can only see it coming from a satanic or dark source.

Sorry if this wasn't any help to you, just a personal theory backed up by reason and evidence

• Devo

Yeah, there are such things as witches in this world.

Though most don't say that they perform white or black magick. Magick (which is the application of energy to make something happen- kinda like prayer) is neutral. It's grey at best. Some people categorize "good" and "bad" with white and black, though that's not completely accurate.

Anyone can be a witch, so if it interests you, feel free to look into it.

Yes we are real. Your mom is right on some points but other she is wrong. There is no such thing as black nor white magic. It deals with energy. hehe Blessed Be or Merry Meet and Merry Part

Yes,My husband and I.But there is no such thing as Black (Bad) or White(Good) Magick.We focus our energy on Healing and other good thing.Harm None and Blessed Be...

there real as me and you as in a person but its just means a person that performs many religious acts. usually like the GOD religion sky daddy they all worship air. the best religion to have is none at all. not only are you not stuck in the cross hairs of many belief systems but you don't live as a fool worshiping air. because religion is a refuge for small minds. the realist is one who believes what they see and not what others want them to so you don't become a puppet to anthers exaggerated ludicrous close minded ways. religion is a cancer that eats the minds ability to reason.

yes i have friends who are but they dont use their power to harm cause it goes back to them 3times i think thats what they call three folds or something

"Social Networking Made Easy

7 Days to Success E-Course"

-http://www.socialnetworkingqueen.com/

• YES! We are very real, however not in the Disney movie sort of way. Take a look at this...http://www.salemgathering.com/Gathering_Web/NewPag...

Peace&Love be with you...~M~

Source(s): Folklorist/Good Witch

yes well not flying broom stks and stuff but thr are ppl who cast spells and hexes