<3 asked in Dining OutFast Food · 1 decade ago

What flavor is a Shamrock Shake from Mcdonalds?

I say it is lemon with mint. My BF says it has no flavor, and that is the point. What flavor is it??

It only comes around in March.

• henri
    Best Answer

a lot of people say its just vanilla w green coloring and the coloring makes u think it has a flavor...but i swear its minty!

• frith

Shamrock Shake Flavor

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): flavor shamrock shake mcdonalds: https://biturl.im/iVEJc

Mint is only part of the flavor to me. I pick up a hint of lime. Someone else mentioned almond or pistachio, which I would believe. Their's another flavor coming in that reminds me of some kind of spice or herb...

It's definitely more complex than mint.

Nope, there is just something off about the shake. The problem is, that everyone likes it, but to me, it tastes revolting. I guess I am the first. 1. It's green, so it makes me think that I am drinking a brocoli shake 2.There's soooooo much sugar, I can literally taste the sugar and not handle it, I can handle all other shakes though from Mcdonalds 3. I don't like the foamy wishy washy taste, it just doesn't appeal to me. I never bought it again.

Mint

Not many people know that it is made with pistachio ice cream along with vanilla. It's barely detectable under all the mintyness, but it's definitely there.

I have occasionally thought there was a bit of lime with the mint in the syrup, but as I've never asked about it I can't confirm that.

Source(s): McDonalds employees
  • Mint for sure, but there is an almond extract undertone to the flavor. Possibly lemon extract, but I'm pretty sure it's almond. Does anyone else get this second flavor?

• It's mint. It's just a yummy St. Patrick's day treat. It definitely has a flavor.

It tastes different now than it did 3 years ago. For the better in my opinion. Tastes like a hint of a thin mint cookie. Not too over powering. I'd get it again.