<3 asked in Dining OutFast Food · 1 decade ago

What flavor is a Shamrock Shake from Mcdonalds?

I say it is lemon with mint. My BF says it has no flavor, and that is the point. What flavor is it??

Update:

It only comes around in March.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • henri
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

a lot of people say its just vanilla w green coloring and the coloring makes u think it has a flavor...but i swear its minty!

• frith
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Shamrock Shake Flavor

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What flavor is a Shamrock Shake from Mcdonalds?

I say it is lemon with mint. My BF says it has no flavor, and that is the point. What flavor is it??

Source(s): flavor shamrock shake mcdonalds: https://biturl.im/iVEJc
  • 5 years ago

Mint is only part of the flavor to me. I pick up a hint of lime. Someone else mentioned almond or pistachio, which I would believe. Their's another flavor coming in that reminds me of some kind of spice or herb...

It's definitely more complex than mint.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Nope, there is just something off about the shake. The problem is, that everyone likes it, but to me, it tastes revolting. I guess I am the first. 1. It's green, so it makes me think that I am drinking a brocoli shake 2.There's soooooo much sugar, I can literally taste the sugar and not handle it, I can handle all other shakes though from Mcdonalds 3. I don't like the foamy wishy washy taste, it just doesn't appeal to me. I never bought it again.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mint

• 6 years ago

Not many people know that it is made with pistachio ice cream along with vanilla. It's barely detectable under all the mintyness, but it's definitely there.

I have occasionally thought there was a bit of lime with the mint in the syrup, but as I've never asked about it I can't confirm that.

Source(s): McDonalds employees
  • Mint for sure, but there is an almond extract undertone to the flavor. Possibly lemon extract, but I'm pretty sure it's almond. Does anyone else get this second flavor?

• It's mint. It's just a yummy St. Patrick's day treat. It definitely has a flavor.

• 3 years ago

It tastes different now than it did 3 years ago. For the better in my opinion. Tastes like a hint of a thin mint cookie. Not too over powering. I'd get it again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.