Christians - Why Do Some Deny Verses?

Corinthians 11:6 For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. Okay, why is it that some Christians deny whats in Bible and when they finally admit it, they like to twist the... show more Corinthians 11:6
For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head.

Okay, why is it that some Christians deny whats in Bible and when they finally admit it, they like to twist the verses?

Today my Christian friends were telling me that women that dress modesty and cover their hair, are 'oppressed'. But when I talked about nuns and the above verse, they told me to bring them proof which I did. They then started making exuses. Why?
Update: WAYF: But exactly did Jesus write? The Bible is always being updated so the original thing is long gone
Jesus, I Trust In You: Nice to see someone following Christianity as best they can :)
Update 2: The Apostle: Dear, I know more about the Bible than most Christians
Tall A s s Girl: Lmfao. Who the hell cares about your hair?
Update 3: The Apostle: Is this verse in the Bible or not? You see, you're DENYING it. Why cant you accept the fact that a non-Christian has read and studied the Bible. If you're saying I 'screwed' it (i.e. the verses) up, then shame on you