What easy and free Asset Manager software is available?

I'm looking for a asset management solution for our school network. Our main concerns are keeping track of PCs and what sofware/hardware is installed.

It would be great if these came in the same app, but price is a concern, since we are a school and free would be the best option.

I'm familiar with Spiceworks, which looks ok, but I want to consider alternatives.

But if people know of similar apps and can mention their pros and cons it would be a huge help.

Favorite Answer

I've been using a new free solution from freedom9 called "rams".

http://www.freedom9.com/products/product.php?p=53

The software worked fine for my needs. Easy to roll out, Web based, integrated backup solution, and free.

I tried using Spiceworks in the past but my environment was not willing to accept advertisement sponsored free software.

• adora

Microsoft secure practices necessities is definitely one among the least complicated to apply and is an extremely solid software. Use that and upload WOT on your browser (to maintain you out of risky web pages). you do not want overkill and it does not might desire to be that annoying to stay malware loose.