What do you think about DNC chairman Tim Kaine's statement today re Limbaugh being the Godfather of the GOP?

"

"Today, President Obama and Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood unveiled new job-creating infrastructure projects that were made possible by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. These projects are helping put Americans back to work while also investing in repairing our crumbling infrastructure. But, instead of joining Democrats in supporting the President's economic recovery plan, almost every single Republican in Congress chose to follow Rush Limbaugh by voting against a plan that will create or save 3.5 million jobs. Now, instead of the denouncing Limbaugh's claim that he is rooting for the President to fail, my counterpart at the Republican National Committee proved who is really leading their party—calling Rush Limbaugh to apologize after courageously criticizing him just this weekend.

"Americans want leaders who will work together to confront the challenges we face. When Congress debates the President's budget, Republicans should stop following Rush Limbaugh and instead help the President create jobs, fix our schools, reform our health care system, make America energy independent, and lay the foundation for long-term growth in the 21st Century."

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/washington-whi...

Favorite Answer

Tim Kaine is doing his job; and I don't mean as Governor of Virginia. He's doing his job as chairman of the DNC, which consists entirely of beating the Republican Party. If he can make Michael Steele look like an ineffectual leader, and Republicans in Congress look like they're all following Rush Limbaugh's lead, then Americans will be more likely to elect Democrats instead.

What Chairman Kaine intentionally glosses over is that the vote on the stimulus bill came weeks before Limbaugh's speech at CPAC, and that it had to do with ideology, not partisanism.

As for Michael Steele, he is the chairman of the Republican Party. He doesn't have to explain or defend that position to anyone, even Rush Limbaugh. Even at that, though, he would rather be friends with Rush than create the sort of internecine warfare that Chairman Kaine, Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, and Rahm Emmanuel are trying to encourage in the GOP.

As an independent who voted for Tim Kaine in 2005, I have to say that he's doing a great job as governor and is off to a good start as the DNC Chair; but his blatant dishonesty in this situation just to scrounge a few more votes for his side makes me embarrassed to have voted for him.

Source(s): Not affiliated with any party. http://youngconservative27.blogspot.com/

the democrats have to do something to try to keep the people from noticing the endless parade of Obama cabinet appointees who are tax cheats and should be in jail.

Democrat politicians want everyone to pay higher taxes, except for themselves. Why is that? I don't know, but hey, how about, uh, Rush Limbaugh?! Yeah, hey look over there!

I think he's responding to an entertainers perspective's in a childish way...and he's stereotyping Repulicans. I'm a Republican and I've never watch Limbaugh.

I think he is another left wing moron who takes quotes out of context to promote his agenda. Now as for the "recovery plan" have you read it? I finally have and there is a lot of investment no recovery. Investment into government and it will take decades to recover.

Source(s): Freedom of information act. (202) 514-6655

Obama is just driving up Limbaugh's ratings because people are curious as to what he has to say. Obama would be better served to ignore him. Didn't his mother or grandmother teach him that?

3.5 million "Temp" construction jobs... while congress approved 410 Billion more in ear marks that your grand kids will pay for...

Ringing in the sheep...