Why are so many people ticked off by what Michael Steele said about Rush Limbaugh?

Does the Republican Party have room for the nondittoheads of America?

Not only that, but much of what Limbaugh says really is ugly and incendiary. How else can one describe his ridiculing Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's disease or his making fun of Chelsea Clinton shortly after her father was elected, despite the fact that she was only 12 at the time?

Favorite Answer

Michael Steel totally had to backtrack. You know he was biting his tongue with those later compliments about Rush Limbaugh. Why anyone would want to be in politics amazes me. Politicians make dishonesty an artform. Steele should have just stuck to his honest earlier opinion about Rush, instead of lying to the American people. He said that his words didn't come out right. Really? I am not so naive as to believe this. Now we know something about Steele's character.

• The truth hurts, doesn't it? Rush is an entertainer--hasn't he said so himself?--and what he says is indeed incendiary and ugly. It's quite ugly to say you hope the opposition party fails. I wouldn't say he's a leader, but there are certainly plenty of people who listen to him and accepts what he says as truth, forgetting that maybe it's the OxyContin talking.

Michael Steele was chosen to run the party with the hopes of attracting a wider base, wasn't he? But if he has to kowtow to folks like Rush, that's not likely to happen. And what Steele said, unless he was being sarcastic, is rather ugly as well.

What I find unforgivable is that Steele actually apologized for speaking the truth about Limbaugh. If the Republicans want Limbaugh as their leader let them elect him as the leader.