Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why did Michael Steele have to apologize to Rush? I don't get it?

I really appreciated the courage of Michael Steele to tell the truth about Rush. But he came out and kissed Rush's fat derriere and apologize! What's up with the GOP? Why every time one says something about the way Rush talks, with hate, there always has to be an apology? If Micheal Steele was trying to get African Americans to rally behind the GOP, he just failed miserably!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You're absolutely right, he did fail. Steele just showed a sign od weakness by apologizing to that bigoted Limbaugh.

And as long as people who spew hate speech about non whites like Rush is around, the GOP will NEVER have the majority support of Blacks and, Hispanics.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

The Democrats attacking Rush is a huge mistake. It makes them look as if they're continuously taking section in politics, and attempting to demonize someone. Even attacking entertainers with opposing factors of view. might want to you imagine Bush attacking Mahr or Stewart, no longer very Presidential and under no circumstances very transforming into of a political social gathering. The Democrats attempt to distract u . s . of america from Obamas missteps and Queen Pelosi's abuse of skill.

• 1 decade ago

Apparently Steele's courage was short lived. I wonder if Rush thinks the new "Hip Hop GOP" is a good idea...

Paulj: What does any of this BS you posted have to do with Steele apologizing to Limbaugh? Nothing. Funny that you think its about Steele's ethnicity.

• John
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Because Steele spoke without thinking and the Republican and conservatives need to remain united, now, in order to defeat Obama's dangerous spending spree.

Also, as usual the media took his words out of context to the entire discussion. There were a lot of ugly things that the Liberal Democrats said about Bush.

As president, Obama needs to get used to opposition from other politicians and the public.

Here is a link to a transcript of the conversation, and an excerpt:

HUGHLEY: You know what? I can appreciate that. But no one will actually decry down some of the things he says. Like when he comes out and says he wants the president to fail. I understand he wants liberalism to fail. Like, I get it’s not about the man. But it is still about the idea that he would rather have an idea fail so his idea can move to the forefront. And that would succeed. And that to me is destructive.

STEELE: How is that any different than what was said about George Bush during his presidency?

HUGHLEY: You’re absolutely — let me say something. You’re absolutely right.

STEELE: So let’s put it into context here. Let’s put it into context here. Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer. Rush Limbaugh, his whole thing is entertainment. Yes, it’s incendiary. Yes, it’s ugly.

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/i-smell-ri...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It is imposable to get most African Americans to get behind the GOP. Why you asked? Because most African Americans want to be treated different. How about just trying to be an American?

Second reason, because the GOP believes that you should make your own way without government hand-outs. Why is this is a strange concept to you? Now you can call this hate speech all you want however it is still the truth.

If you or anyone else does not like what Rush has to say, change the dial and don't listen to him. Or is that to hard of a hard of a concept for you also?

• 1 decade ago

Yes. If I acted like a totally rude lunatic, and you said something about it, I would not expect you to apologize to me.

• 1 decade ago

Mike is trying to appease the elite media and he fell into the liberal media trap that says "Rush is a hate monger with his speech at APAC"

DTG

• Andrea
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Steele can't expect to go far in the conservative party if he picks fights within his party. McCain proved that. Rush can be a great tool to have on your side. 23 million people listen to him everyday. Rush never said he wanted Obama to fail and has made it clear enough for even a 1st grader to understand. Steele should have reiterated that point instead of taking the side of the liberals(who will never defend Steele)

Source(s): Steele is not going to change his beliefs for minorities, he is going to show minorities his beliefs are correct(unless welfare and poverty is what you want)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Michael Steel had to apologize because he only "THOUGHT" he was the leader of the Republican party. Now he understands that Ultra-Right Wing Nutjobs like Rush Limbaugh are the leaders of the Republican Party, and not rational thinking people like Michael Steel.

• 1 decade ago

because steel is relatively unknown to most of us and needs to not make waves in the gop.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.