Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 1 decade ago

What is the difference between standard deviation and standard error?

I am doing an experiment and i have the standard deviation but my teacher says i need standard error i dont know what the difference iscan somebody please give me a clear distinction between the two

• Mef
    Favorite Answer

Standard deviation refers to the amount you expect an individual measurement to vary from the average. Standard error of the mean is how much you expect a value averaged from several measurements to vary from the true mean.

Standard error = Standard deviation / sqrt(n)

Where n is the number of measurements you've taken and averaged into that value. The idea is that the more measurements you take the closer your average should be to the real average, even if the standard deviation in any particular measurement hasn't gone down.

Standard Error Vs Standard Deviation

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): difference standard deviation standard error: https://tinyurl.im/dTPON

standard deviation is the difference of values or variables from the mean and is the square root of variance usually depicted under grouped or non-grouped data. stanadard error, is the calculation of the sample means' deviance from the actual mean of a population. It measures the accuracy with which a sample represents a population

S.ERROR =(S.DEVİATİON)/(N^0.5) .. N:data number

S.deviation is variety of data,

S.error is another things. S.error of any sample show me if data represant of population or not. Less s.error more represant.