In Microsoft Word 2007, how do I change the page layout ruler measurement units from cm to inches?

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Go to Office Button (top left-hand corner, the office logo sign), then click on "Word Options," "Advanced" tab, then scroll down to Display and change cm to inches. Then unclick the option "show measurements in width of characters"

    click "ok" and you'll see the ruler in inches!!

    Also the page size will automatically be changed to "Letter" size (US standard 8.5" x 11") as opposed to eg A4 (metric standard), and thus the margins will be adjusted accordingly too to US standard.

  • DotCom
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    Hello yoshihan... ,

    In word 2007, click on Tools, then on Options. Click on the General tab at the top of the Options dialog. Look near the bottom, and change the Measurement units from Metric to Inches.

    Hope this helps


  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

    I don't know where they moved the option to in Word 2007 but in Word 2003 it's under Tools > Options and located on the "General" tab. Most of these types of options were moved to Word Options located on the office "button" (or icon or whatever they call it). The "options" choice is in the bottom right corner of the window/menu.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.