Spiritually Speaking...Do you ever get tired of?

Spiritually speaking, do you ever get tired of answering the same questions on Y!A?

I haven't given a well-thought out answer in a while. I stick to Jewish based questions (as this is where I'm knowledgeable), but I always see the same ones.

Typical questions:

- Is Judaism a race or religion?

- Why don't Jews believe in Jesus?

- I'm interested in converting?

- <Holocaust revisionary/antisemitic/hateful rants/garbage>

- Am I Jewish?

- Why are Jews the "chosen people"

Do you ever get frustrated at the lack of genuine creativity when it comes to question? Or do you get frustrated at the fact that people don't bother to search to see if a question was already asked before posting?

Best Answer

Sometimes. But I get to contact other Jews from the answers. Its how I friended you, Moo. Wait. You friended me. lol

in either case

I think the fact that we keep seeing these queries just illustrates that our non Jewish friends don't get much in the way of good info on our religion. We're such a small group, so if someone doesn't actually know any Jews, they may be unsure where to get factual answers. Of course, they can use the internet but with the rise in Messianic websites, most of which look like Jewish sites to the unwary, there's the risk that people will get completely the WRONG information.

The one question that I AM fed up with seeing day in, day out, is 'why don't jews worship jesus?'

After all, Hindus/Muslims/Buddhists/Sikkhs/Pagans/Scientologists etc don't get asked over and over why THEY don't worship him!

I think all Jews should maybe agree on ONE identical response to this particular post and then just ALL keep giving it as an answer. Maybe THEN people will stop asking it!

Blessings. Yes, and when ever i feel like that , i read Psalm 57 is a great place to spend a little time studding the scriptures .. Help for those who try hard but never feel "good enough." Tired Of Trying To Measure Up-is written for Christians who live under a deeply ingrained code of written and unwritten expectations and rules that shame them and drain them of spiritual strength. Here are some tell-tale signs: Always struggling spiritually, but never feeling anything but tiredness. Always felling guilty nothing is ever "good enough." Rest is impossible even when it's needed. Performance expectations prove you'll never "measure up." The Christian life has ceased to be a joy. If those signs match your experience, this book is for you. The author is not trying to get you to behave in a "Christian" manner. If trying hard were the key to the victorious Christian life, you'd probably be in the hall of fame by now, don't you think? This is a message to help you unmask the lies that keep you on a works-righteousness treadmill, to help you discover the liberation of the gospel of grace in Jesus Christ and the rest that comes through what Christ has done on the cross. When there's more emphasis on doing right than knowing God and His grace, this book points the way to freedom. This review is from: Tired of Trying to Measure Up (Paperback) This book will help to set you free from legalism and the shame of rejection by other people. Jeff Vanvondren clearly explains the reason for shame, using examples from his own life experience. I highly recommend this book. It should be read by anyone struggling with religion, God, rejection, shame, or any kind of dysfunctional background. It is especially helpful to those who have been mistreated in a church or religous setting. This book is timely, relevent, and offers practical solutions. Due to the nature of the subject matter, this book is not light reading. Instead, it is worthwhile, thought provoking, and will prove to offer lasting help to those who read it. More than mere inspiration, and even more than compassionate encouragement, this book is truly life-changing About the Author Jeff VanVonderen is an internationally known speaker on addictions and church and family wellness. He has worked as a counselor in both residential and outpatient treatment settings, as well as in the religious community, taught at the college level, and is the author of several books including Good News for the Chemically Dependent and Those Who Love Them. He is one of the featured interventionists on the A & E documentary series Intervention and has appeared on Oprah, The Today Show and Larry King Live. He makes his home in California

• Of course, that's when I take a break and let others carry it awhile. But mostly I consider it a bit of a game -- can I word it better, phrase it more succinctly, change tone or approach, incorporate something interesting I've learned from allonyoav or mama-pj or cher or moo or :-)

When someone asks a question, it's usually because it's new to them. I try to keep the same spirit. And when I can't, it's time for something else.

Yes, I get so sick of answering those same questions everyday. I think a lot of it is because of non Jews (especially the messianic xians) answering the questions incorrectly and creating misconceptions. They do the same thing to the Catholics too.

Source(s): Reform Jew
  • docjp

"Spiritually Speaking" of course refers to speaking from a Spiritual perspective, which means Absolute Patience... so no, I don't get tired of answering the same questions..... plus, there is a constant entrance of new people to Answers, and of course these new people have the same questions and have not been here to read the previous answers that have been given.

Peace

Catholic ones:

Why do Catholics worship Mary?

My boyfriend is Catholic, but I'm a Christian, what should I do?!

Why don't Catholics read the Bible?

Why do Catholics think a man can forgive their sins?

How come Catholics don't obey Scripture?

Yeah, every now and then though I get an actual interesting question, that helps me investigate areas of my faith and hopefully answer a genuine question. It's questions like those that I love.

And a loud "Amen" to that!

Although I'm not tired of people being interested in converting. It's a scary thing to do. I was terrified when I met my first rabbi.

Y = redundancy,

redundancy = boredom,

boredom x Y = trolling

some people just ask questions on here for fun... it isnt fun just looking up previous questions... and plus, you dont have to answer these questions if you dont want to..