How legit is the "Grey School of Wizardry"?

Any wiccans out there who have checked out the website and laughed it off as phony?

I'm wondering if it's legit in the sense that they do teach you what they believe, or if it's a case of taking your money and running.

http://www.greyschool.com/

That's the website, but it doesn't seem to give much information until after you've payed your tuition. It lacks description of where to turn to if you need help with the "classwork", it doesn't describe the class levels, just that there are levels.

I hope to get one intelligent answer among the Harry Potter cracks ;)

After looking up information on the creator of the school, I've found that he (Oberon Zell-Ravenheart) is actually a mentor to many pagans and wiccans, and the website is completely legit. He shows no shame in comparing it to Hogwarts, and it is comparable to taking an online college course. He has written many books which are used to teach covens all over the world, thanks for your opinions though :)

Favorite Answer

On a scale of one to ten, ten being "too legit to quit" I would rate this institution a one. It looks like a mix of actual Wiccan beliefs and random words from the Harry Potter books. Wicca is a really old system of beliefs and I'm pretty sure they didn't teach Defense Against the Dark Arts. Rent some books from the library instead.

You know I don't know who I am tired of listening to..You bunch on the internet that knows NOTHING about pagans or ones that are Christians that claim to know pagans.

If you don't like Grey school..fine..leave us alone. If you do like Grey School of Wizard..than great. Come and join in the family, learn a little and enjoy the path. ..otherwise..SHUT Up!

• Lita

I just glanced at it now, and I'm going to go with Scam. The website's awful, and it's easy enough to buy Wicca books and learn on your own.

Phony as in they don't really do magic?