How do you describe someone who believes the constitution is just a rag to walk all over?

Quoted from the article: "The legal memos written by the Bush administration's Office of Legal Counsel show a government grappling with how to wage war on terrorism in a fast-changing world. The conclusion, reiterated in page after page of documents, was that the president had broad authority to set aside constitutional rights.

Fourth Amendment protections against unwarranted search and seizure, for instance, did not apply in the United States as long as the president was combatting terrorism, the Justice Department said in an Oct. 23, 2001, memo.

"First Amendment speech and press rights may also be subordinated to the overriding need to wage war successfully," Deputy Assistant Attorney General John Yoo wrote, adding later: "The current campaign against terrorism may require even broader exercises of federal power domestically."

On Sept. 25, 2001, Yoo discussed possible changes to the laws governing wiretaps for intelligence gathering. In that memo, he said the government's interes

Favorite Answer

These should be issues that everyone can agree on no matter what their political affiliation. I don't understand why even here, even on something as basic as 4th Amendment protections, some people can't help themselves from talking about socialism, liberals, and other nonsense.

These people broke the law and violated their oaths of office. I don't care who they are - no one can be allowed to get away with that kind of stuff in our country.

"The president had broad powers that could not be checked by Congress or the courts... ...locking U.S. citizens in military brigs without charges."

Those are the parts that stick out for me. I am glad he is gone. Obama gained a few points in my book for releasing those documents.

A wild-eyed libral like Nancy Pelosi and few other marsh rat protectors.

cheneybush is a liar, a thief, a pig, a hypocrite, and a traitor.

Traitor .

Republican, Democrat - liberal, conservative. Anyone who isn't a Libertarian, basically.